Low memory clock with smaller hash file
Hi there,

Sorry to post another thread so close to the first one, but the problem is different so I figured it would be better. I can post a new message in my first thread if you think it's better.

Here's the problem. I was cracking a file with about 7M MD5 hashes in it, my speed was about 3.6GHs, no issue there, according to hwinfo the memory clock was the one I set in msi afterburner and stayed like this.

Now I wanted to crack another file with only 2000 hashes in it. The speed bumped to 14.5GHs, but the momery clock is staying in low ranges, about 1000Mhz (against 1750Mhz for the other file).

Is this a normal behaviour or should I worry ?

Thank you.

EDIT :

Ok so this one is giving me a low clock :

hashcat.exe -m0 -a3 -w3 -O --self-test-disable --hwmon-disable --status --status-timer=30 --outfile-format=2 hashes_2 -1 ?l?u -2 ?l?u?d -3 ?s?d ?1?l?l?l?l?l?3?3

While this one, on the same file, is giving me normal clock :

hashcat.exe -m0 -a3 -w3 -O --self-test-disable --hwmon-disable --status --status-timer=30 --outfile-format=2 hashes_2 --increment ?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d
This is normal because you are running on fewer hashes and the hardware can't go into higher gear
Hi,

Thank you for your answer. So no issue here as long as the hashrate stays still I guess.