Windows/Linuks
Hello,

Can someone tell my why my password is always getting cracked on Linuks in 2 seconds and can't get same result on Windows?

I mean, I get handshake by airodump-ng, then I convert .cap file to .hc22000 on the website, then i run command "$hashcat -a3 -m22000 myfile.hc22000 -w4 -O" on the linuks its give me immediately result and by using the same command and adding "--show" i have result with "INFO: All hashes found as potfile and/or empty entries! Use --show to display them." there is my MAC adresses, name of network and password. It seems that it even doesn't need to crack it.

When i copy that file on Windows and run the same command lines it gives me bruteforce attack which takes ~4 years

My password is 12 lenght - alphanumerical with specials
because under linux your password seems to be already cracked/stored in your potfile and therefore dont needs to be cracked by hashcat anymore

copy the hashcat.potfile to your windows machine and you will get the same result
Thanks alot! I had a little mindF becouse that i frist tried with dictionary and didn't know that it will be saved in this .potfile. When i tried next time with bruteforce it gives immediately result with password. Sorry, newbie problem Smile