Speed of -a 7 mode very low !!
why when I use Hybrid attack the speed of -a 7 will very low comparing with -a 6

-a 6   Speed.#2.........:  350 kH/s
-a 7   Speed.#2.........:  53399 H/s

6 times lower  !!!

I'm using  for -a 6
hashcat -m 22000 -a 6  hash.hc22000 --increment --increment-min=2 --increment-max 8  ?d?d?d?d?d?d?d dictionary.dic  

and for -a 7
hashcat -m 22000 -a 7  hash.hc22000 --increment --increment-min=2 --increment-max 8  dictionary.dic  ?d?d?d?d?d?d?d 

Is there any way to keep -a 7 speed same as -a 6   ?
No, there is not. This is an architectural problem and not something that can be easily solved. The problem is that the amount of divisible work is different and you cant create enough work for full speed. This wont be possible to fix in this case but it's very similar to the other "more work" scenarios so please read: https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=fre...full_speed
(05-06-2023, 03:11 PM)blackrosemmt Wrote: why when I use Hybrid attack the speed of -a 7 will very low comparing with -a 6

-a 6   Speed.#2.........:  350 kH/s
-a 7   Speed.#2.........:  53399 H/s

6 times lower  !!!

I'm using  for -a 6
hashcat -m 22000 -a 6  hash.hc22000 --increment --increment-min=2 --increment-max 8  ?d?d?d?d?d?d?d dictionary.dic  

and for -a 7
hashcat -m 22000 -a 7  hash.hc22000 --increment --increment-min=2 --increment-max 8  dictionary.dic  ?d?d?d?d?d?d?d 

Is there any way to keep -a 7 speed same as -a 6   ?
While not relevant to your original question but perhaps pertinent to your overall endeavor to find a WPA passphrase, wouldn't you wish to start at an increment minimum of 8?
(05-06-2023, 10:08 PM)Chick3nman Wrote: No, there is not. This is an architectural problem and not something that can be easily solved. The problem is that the amount of divisible work is different and you cant create enough work for full speed. This wont be possible to fix in this case but it's very similar to the other "more work" scenarios so please read: https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=fre...full_speed

Any idea why - a 7 mode is slower than -a 6 mode ?

Also can you please give any alternative method I couldn't understand from the link you provided.
It's more difficult for -a 7 to be distributed quickly to GPUs than it is for -a 6. There's no easy work around for this unfortunately.