Mask with given words
Hi,

I want to crack a password of an old kepass file which I forgot.
I remember that the password conatins a word plus extra characters, but I don't know if I used uppercase or lowercase characters at special positions of that word.
Let's say the word is "amazon" but in any variation of lowercase and uppercase characters.

If all letters where lowercase, the mask:
$#@!-_%&+?d,amazon?1?d?d  would fit my needs.

But what I need is something like that:
$#@!-_%&+?d,[Aa][Mm][Aa][Zz][Oo][Nn]?1?d?d 
where hashcat is trying a A or a a at the first position, M or m at the second position, ect.

Is that possible ?

Oherwise I need to create masks for any possible combination of upercase and lowercase of "Amazon"

Thanks in advance
You can use up to four customer character sets in hashcat today, but you need five. There are a few workarounds:

1. Overload your character sets slightly, such as -1 AaMm -2 Zz -3 Oo -4 Nn . This means that hashcat will sometimes try candidates that you know won't work (like 'AAazon' or 'Mmazon'. This is a little inefficient, but may be acceptable.

2. Generate candidates externally to hashcat, and pipe them in. This works OK for slow hashes, but will slow down attacks for fast hashes.

3. Break the attack into smaller multiple attacks - either by just running multiple attacks on the command line, or bay generating a masks file that matches your desired attack more exactly, but breaks the attack into mulitple smaller attacks, such as:

-1 Aa -2 Mm -3 Zz -4 Oo ?1?2?1?3?4n
-1 Aa -2 Mm -3 Zz -4 Oo ?1?2?1?3?4N
~
Thank you very much for the info.
But for me that means it is not possible to define a mask wich contains given characters a special positions.

I cannot go with the approach you suggested because I already set up 2 charactersets (I know that the 2 last characters are part of a special charaterset and also the one or two characters before the last 2 are part of another characterset).
This means there are only two charactersets left.
Anyway, meanwhile I could manage to crack the pw by trying different writings of the first word and luckily the 5th one matched.