Maximum text size for hashcat
Hello people
I have a question regarding what is the normall size for using hashcat with large txt files

I have cleaned weakpass password list, for about 400 gb

Could someone who is experienced, advice me what size to use? 
Maybe such a large txt files are not OK for hashcat, and i should divide them into smaller ones?
Or hashcat normally deals with large 100+gb txt files?
Hashcat works well with large files, you don't need to split anything into smaller ones. Note, however, that performance is affected by your hardware configuration, as large files require more memory and a fast disk to cache before they can be attacked.
(07-23-2023, 09:45 AM)marc1n Wrote: Hashcat works well with large files, you don't need to split anything into smaller ones. Note, however, that performance is affected by your hardware configuration, as large files require more memory and a fast disk to cache before they can be attacked.

Sir, does that mean, that i should not use .txt files, which are larger than RAM? 
For example 64gb ram = ~58-60GB txt max? 

Or you just meant by saying that, that i need fast SSD, to work smooth with rig of 6 GPU's , so GPU's perfomance would not outperform Disk perfomance ?
(07-23-2023, 04:31 PM)Andrewtate Wrote:
(07-23-2023, 09:45 AM)marc1n Wrote: Hashcat works well with large files, you don't need to split anything into smaller ones. Note, however, that performance is affected by your hardware configuration, as large files require more memory and a fast disk to cache before they can be attacked.

Sir, does that mean, that i should not use .txt files, which are larger than RAM? 
For example 64gb ram = ~58-60GB txt max? 

Or you just meant by saying that, that i need fast SSD, to work smooth with rig of 6 GPU's , so GPU's perfomance would not outperform Disk perfomance ?

You need a fast M2 drive and plenty of cache space for the dictionary. For example, on my M2 disk and i7-10700K 32GB RAM dictionary cache lasts 500GB takes about 40 minutes