assembly code related error
I'm getting a number of errors related to asm sources and I'm not sure how to fix. I'm on a new Windows 11 machine and trying to run in cygwin, and having issues with both 6.2.5 and the latest master. I've been fighting issue with CUDA toolset not being installed but I believe I was getting these errors from the start. Can anyone give me some insight into how to fix?

```
$ ./hashcat -I
hashcat (v6.2.5) starting in backend information mode

hiprtcAddNameExpression is missing from HIPRTC shared library.

<inline asm>:1:2: error: instruction not supported on this GPU
        V_ADD_U32    v0, vcc, 0, 0;
        ^
        V_ADDC_U32    v0, vcc, 0, 0, vcc;
        ^
<inline asm>:1:2: error: operands are not valid for this GPU or mode
        V_ADD_CO_U32  v0, vcc, 0, 0;
        ^
        V_ADDC_CO_U32 v0, vcc, 0, 0, vcc;
        ^
        V_SUB_U32    v0, vcc, 0, 0;
        ^
        V_SUBB_U32    v0, vcc, 0, 0, vcc;
        ^
<inline asm>:1:2: error: operands are not valid for this GPU or mode
        V_SUB_CO_U32  v0, vcc, 0, 0;
        ^
        V_SUBB_CO_U32 v0, vcc, 0, 0, vcc;
        ^
CUDA Info:
==========

CUDA.Version.: 12.2

Backend Device ID #1 (Alias: #3)
  Name...........: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
  Processor(s)...: 128
  Clock..........: 2565
  Memory.Total...: 24563 MB
  Memory.Free....: 23008 MB
  PCI.Addr.BDFe..: 0000:01:00.0

OpenCL Info:
============

OpenCL Platform ID #1
  Vendor..: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
  Name....: AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing
  Version.: OpenCL 2.1 AMD-APP (3516.0)

Backend Device ID #2
    Type...........: GPU
    Vendor.ID......: 1
    Vendor.........: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    Name...........: AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics
    Version........: OpenCL 2.0 AMD-APP (3516.0)
    Processor(s)...: 1
    Clock..........: 2200
    Memory.Total...: 24568 MB (limited to 10223 MB allocatable in one block)
    Memory.Free....: 12224 MB
    OpenCL.Version.: OpenCL C 2.0
    Driver.Version.: 3516.0 (PAL,LC)
    PCI.Addr.BDF...: 10:00.0

OpenCL Platform ID #2
  Vendor..: NVIDIA Corporation
  Name....: NVIDIA CUDA
  Version.: OpenCL 3.0 CUDA 12.2.128

Backend Device ID #3 (Alias: #1)
    Type...........: GPU
    Vendor.ID......: 32
    Vendor.........: NVIDIA Corporation
    Name...........: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    Version........: OpenCL 3.0 CUDA
    Processor(s)...: 128
    Clock..........: 2565
    Memory.Total...: 24563 MB (limited to 6140 MB allocatable in one block)
    Memory.Free....: 24448 MB
    OpenCL.Version.: OpenCL C 1.2
    Driver.Version.: 536.67
    PCI.Addr.BDF...: 01:00.0
```
ok i guess this is an opencl issue. looks like it could maybe be updated.
Did you install ROCm drivers for your AMD GPU?
(08-07-2023, 07:53 AM)b8vr Wrote: Did you install ROCm drivers for your AMD GPU?

Not that I know of. Should I do this?
(08-07-2023, 06:06 PM)fluxxion Wrote:
(08-07-2023, 07:53 AM)b8vr Wrote: Did you install ROCm drivers for your AMD GPU?

i believe I just installed them but not seeing any difference.
(08-07-2023, 06:29 PM)fluxxion Wrote:

HIPRTC requires AMD ROCm, so I'm pretty sure the issue is missing ROCm drivers. Maybe someone with more experience in AMD GPUs can chime in....
I just know that ROCm is necessary when using AMD GPUs with hashcat and the error you have seems connected to that.
(08-07-2023, 07:38 PM)b8vr Wrote:
(08-07-2023, 06:29 PM)fluxxion Wrote:

HIPRTC requires AMD ROCm, so I'm pretty sure the issue is missing ROCm drivers. Maybe someone with more experience in AMD GPUs can chime in....
I just know that ROCm is necessary when using AMD GPUs with hashcat and the error you have seems connected to that.

yeah makes sense. I followed this, https://rocm.docs.amd.com/en/latest/depl...start.html, for the install.
I did notice that the error `hiprtcAddNameExpression is missing from HIPRTC shared library` that i was getting has gone away but still see the assembly source errors.
I will also add, I've been reinstalling the OS a number of times trying to get things working with the gpu, and the first time I was trying to use hashcat I didn't seee these assembly source errors. I got the `hiprtcAddNameExpression is missing from HIPRTC shared library` error and had some issues with cuda toolkit I think it was. I don't remember what happened on that attempt but I reinstalled the OS. I installed drivers and tools in a different order this time so I'm wondering if that has something to do with it. wondering if I should start over again.
I've been trying to get things working on ubuntu as well with a dual boot and having all sorts of issues with the nvidia drivers. It's been days of reinstalling.
This whole thread has me confused, you're running windows 11 but using cygwin for what purpose? Hashcat has precompiled binaries for windows/linux already, if your'e wanting to make a custom binary with your own source then why not just use a linux flavour? but for each their own.

Literally, you should just need to install CUDA Toolkit and use -d (device) parameter to isolate strictly using your RTX 4090. The AMD Integrated GPU will have nearly any improvement in hashrate per watt per $ to warrant using.

hashcat.exe -a x -m xx -d 3 hash ?l?d?u123etc or wordlist
Tongue 
(08-08-2023, 04:47 AM)slyexe Wrote: This whole thread has me confused, you're running windows 11 but using cygwin for what purpose? Hashcat has precompiled binaries for windows/linux already, if your'e wanting to make a custom binary with your own source then why not just use a linux flavour? but for each their own.

Literally, you should just need to install CUDA Toolkit and use -d (device) parameter to isolate strictly using your RTX 4090. The AMD Integrated GPU will have nearly any improvement in hashrate per watt per $ to warrant using.

hashcat.exe -a x -m xx -d 3 hash ?l?d?u123etc or wordlist

I've just been using cygwin to make it easier to build a binary from the sources. I'm not much of a windows user and I'm just in the habit of doing building things myself. I honestly didn't think to use the precompile binary. I have been trying to build on linux but like I mentioned not much luck getting a driver that doesn't freeze the os.

I tried the precompiled binary and that does seem to work. I do see the `hiprtcCompileProgram is missing from HIPRTC shared library` warning and I see the assembly source errors when I pick a device other than the gpu but isolating the gpu seems to run!

I would still like to build things on my own at some point but now that I have something that is actually running I'm happy for a bit. Thanks.