-m 130 This format don't works with files!
I am with problem in type -m 130 : sha1(utf16le($pass).$salt)

I try this in windows:

Code:
hashcat.exe -m 130 --potfile-disable --quiet c57f6ac1b71f45a07dbd91a59fa47c23abcd87c2:631225 -a 3 hashcat

Great, it find! Now let try with file:

Code:
echo hashcat > pass.txt
echo c57f6ac1b71f45a07dbd91a59fa47c23abcd87c2:631225 > hash.txt

Now ANY of this lines will NOT find the password:

Code:
hashcat.exe -m 130 --potfile-disable --quiet c57f6ac1b71f45a07dbd91a59fa47c23abcd87c2:631225 -a 0 pass.txt
hashcat.exe -m 130 --potfile-disable --quiet hash.txt -a 3 hashcat
hashcat.exe -m 130 --potfile-disable --quiet hash.txt -a 0 pass.txt

What is the problem here? This is not a problem with the echo command, this is only to simplify. 

hashcat.exe --version = v6.2.6
Windows = Microsoft Windows 11 - 10.0.22621 N/A compilação 22621
I can't replicate this behavior, this cracked from a file just fine:

Code:
c57f6ac1b71f45a07dbd91a59fa47c23abcd87c2:631225:hashcat

Session..........: hashcat
Status...........: Cracked

Perhaps your files are not a compatible format? What encoding are they being saved as? All text files are expected to be UTF-8.
(09-29-2023, 11:34 PM)Chick3nman Wrote: I can't replicate this behavior, this cracked from a file just fine:

Well, I tried it with linux and it works, no problem. In windows, I install a new and clean version of hashcat and don't worked. 

I tried a lot of enconding and still don't work. But, the password (hashcat) is just a simple word, not a crazy character, so the enconding isn't the problem. 

The crazy thing is the command 

Code:

Because it can't load the hash, this is the same as the worked command. I can even do this

Code:
hashcat.exe -m 130 --potfile-disable --quiet hash.txt -a 3 ?l?l?l?l?l?l?l

(take less than 5 secconds). And it don't find!

Do you think this is a bug for windows and I need to report to the github project? 

Anyone with windows, can test this commands and see if it work for you?
(09-30-2023, 02:22 AM)rodrigo.Brasil Wrote:
(09-29-2023, 11:34 PM)Chick3nman Wrote: I can't replicate this behavior, this cracked from a file just fine:

Well, I tried it with linux and it works, no problem. In windows, I install a new and clean version of hashcat and don't worked. 

I tried a lot of enconding and still don't work. But, the password (hashcat) is just a simple word, not a crazy character, so the enconding isn't the problem. 

The crazy thing is the command 

Code:

Because it can't load the hash, this is the same as the worked command. I can even do this

Code:

(take less than 5 secconds). And it don't find!

Do you think this is a bug for windows and I need to report to the github project? 

Anyone with windows, can test this commands and see if it work for you?

Instead of echo'ing the word hashcat into a file, have you tried creating a txt file with the word hashcat using notepad fx? It is 100% an encoding issue.
UTF-16, most probably. Use a proper text editor instead of `echo`.
(09-30-2023, 07:11 AM)buka Wrote: UTF-16, most probably. Use a proper text editor instead of `echo`.

Lol, I try to say the echo wasn't the problem. I did create a text file using Notepad++ and did convert or others encoding. And did use --encoding-from and --encoding-to.

If you don't understand, the command:

Code:

It means hashcat will load the hash from file. Yes, it did load. And will try all 7*lowercase. It will NOT load the password from the file. And even trying all lowercase, it didn't find the password hashcat There is no special character like áéíçñ, etc... just normal lowercase.

This only happens in windows. Can someone with windows try this and confirm that isn't only me that is having this problem?
Sad 
NOOOOO..... I did a mistake!!!!

There is a hidden bug in all this... Somehow even when I use a text editor, I did the SAME MISTAKE!!!

Because it uses SALT as a text (not as hex), everything after the double dot : and before new line is SALT!!!! This means, a hidden SPACE was in the salt all the time! Even when I edit the file!

So, it not worked because this line. I did it to make the code cleaner:

Code:
echo c57f6ac1b71f45a07dbd91a59fa47c23abcd87c2:631225 > hash.txt
                                   The space     ---^

I just need to do this, just it:
Code:
echo c57f6ac1b71f45a07dbd91a59fa47c23abcd87c2:631225> hash.txt

Because I aways used salt in hex, this isn't a problem, but this case the salt is a text. In linux, it worked because echo don't append space!

This is a lesson when working with text salt!!! Don't be stupid like me!