Hashcat warning or error on NVIDIA A100 80GB
Hello,

I have error or warning when running hashcat on NVIDIA A100 80GB:

NvAPI_EnumPhysicalGPUs(): NVAPI_NVIDIA_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND

nvmlDeviceGetFanSpeed(): Not Supported

Willthis affect on efficiency of calculations?

Thank you!
The errors you are seeing are harmless and will not affect the efficiency of hashcat calculations.

This error means that hashcat cannot find any NVIDIA GPUs on your system. However, hashcat can still use your CPU to perform calculations.

This error means that hashcat cannot get the fan speed of your NVIDIA GPUs. However, this does not affect the performance of your GPUs.

If you are concerned about the performance of your hashcat calculations, you can try the following:

Make sure that you have the latest NVIDIA drivers installed.
Try running hashcat with fewer GPUs.
Try using a different version of hashcat.
(10-05-2023, 10:23 AM)marc1n Wrote: The errors you are seeing are harmless and will not affect the efficiency of hashcat calculations.

This error means that hashcat cannot find any NVIDIA GPUs on your system. However, hashcat can still use your CPU to perform calculations.

This error means that hashcat cannot get the fan speed of your NVIDIA GPUs. However, this does not affect the performance of your GPUs.

If you are concerned about the performance of your hashcat calculations, you can try the following:

Make sure that you have the latest NVIDIA drivers installed.
Try running hashcat with fewer GPUs.
Try using a different version of hashcat.

No, I see in spite of error message, that GPU 100% load during hashcat calulations and no CPU load at all. Drivers are uptodate.
The A100 does not have a fan, so the API can not get the fanspeed. This is the reason for this error that appears also on H100 and I guess on oll passiv cool GPU boards. I can see the device temp, that is usually more interessting.