[PW] [AT] [PW] mask?
Hi there! I am trying to figuring out how to use hashcat like this.

Let's say we are using bruteforce mode.

candidate: adsdfji

I want to double it and separate by an underscore(or any special character): adsdfji_adsdfji

or adsdfji@adsdfji

Is there are a way to achieve this? So they are basically one password but in a different format with added redundancy.

It would save a lot of time because it basically reduces the candidates to half.
You can pipe hashcat into itself, so the following is an option:

hashcat -a3 mask | hashcat -a0 hash -r rulefile

The rule file could contain rules that will fx append a special character at the end of a candidate, duplicate the entire candidate incl. the appended character and then remove the appended character at the end, which would create the candidates want. Example:

$_ d ]
$@ d ]
(10-26-2023, 07:15 PM)b8vr Wrote: You can pipe hashcat into itself, so the following is an option:

The rule file could contain rules that will fx append a special character at the end of a candidate, duplicate the entire candidate incl. the appended character and then remove the appended character at the end, which would create the candidates want. Example:

$_ d ]
$@ d ]

Hey there! Thanks for the answer! So it is possible. Never used rulefiles so I need to learn it. Also piping hashcat into hashcat is kinda genious Big Grin

I will try this method.

https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=rule_based_attack
(10-26-2023, 07:15 PM)b8vr Wrote: You can pipe hashcat into itself, so the following is an option:

$_ d ]
$@ d ]

It works thank you very much!

Tes_Tes:Tes_Tes
Session..........: hashcat
Status...........: Cracked
Hash.Mode........: 99999 (Plaintext)
Hash.Target......: Tes_Tes
Time.Started.....: Fri Oct 27 23:18:46 2023 (0 secs)
Time.Estimated...: Fri Oct 27 23:18:46 2023 (0 secs)
Kernel.Feature...: Pure Kernel
Guess.Base.......: Pipe
Guess.Mod........: Rules (double.rule)
Speed.#3.........:  1073.9 kH/s (0.22ms) @ Accel:1024 Loops:1 Thr:1 Vec:8
Recovered........: 1/1 (100.00%) Digests (total), 1/1 (100.00%) Digests (new)
Progress.........: 49152
Rejected.........: 0
Restore.Point....: 0
Restore.Sub.#3...: Salt:0 Amplifier:0-1 Iteration:0-1
Candidate.Engine.: Device Generator
Candidates.#3....: hTO_hTO -> ALU_ALU
Hardware.Mon.#3..: Temp: 53c Util: 26%
Started: Fri Oct 27 23:18:45 2023
Stopped: Fri Oct 27 23:18:47 2023
[rannek@archlinux hashcat]$