Token length exception only when using on vast.ai
Hi,

I am testing hashcat on vast.ai instance. Two scenarios

1) Install hashcat with "sudo apt install hashcat" on windows linux subsystem and trying to brute force hash ($bitcoin$64$173aabf5927d86a1f9c34a59d9cd708c9d62fc181a90cf0f1b63e4b459981ac2$16$1d372be16c465eb6$131578$2$00$2$00)

command: hashcat -m 11300 -a 3 ~/hash.txt - works fine!

2) doing absolutely same on vast ai instance and getting Token length exception error...

What tested:
-made sure file doesn't have blank spaces at the end, though same file works fine on local pc;
-transferred hash.txt using  winscp, tried to copy paste directly into vast.ai terminal, same error..

Any clues?
I would have said "put it in a file to avoid escaping of $", but it looks like you've already eliminated that. Honestly stumped so far on this one.
~
(12-28-2023, 07:55 PM)royce Wrote: I would have said "put it in a file to avoid escaping of $", but it looks like you've already eliminated that. Honestly stumped so far on this one.

Also strange to me.... This only happened on vast.ai with bitcoin wallet hashes. Works fine with md5. 

Well, maybe some one come across same error and manages to find solution, would be nice to hear.

Thx,
1) No posting hashes as it's against the rules - https://hashcat.net/forum/announcement-2.html
2) When it says Token length error, does it say "hash.txt" or does it list part of the hash you posted?
3) Try to avoid virtualisation, including WSL. Hashcat can run on native Windows just fine, download the binaries from the top of hashcat.net and you should be good. (It won't fix this problem, though. It's just good practice)
(12-30-2023, 06:03 AM)penguinkeeper Wrote: 1) No posting hashes as it's against the rules - https://hashcat.net/forum/announcement-2.html
2) When it says Token length error, does it say "hash.txt" or does it list part of the hash you posted?
3) Try to avoid virtualisation, including WSL. Hashcat can run on native Windows just fine, download the binaries from the top of hashcat.net and you should be good. (It won't fix this problem, though. It's just good practice)

1) Noted,
2) I think, it was "hash.txt" length error, but i will test again to make sure;
3) Will try those too, 

Thank you for tips!