hcxpcapngtool file dump with frame error timestamp
Hi, I'm following these instructions:

https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=cracking_wpawpa2

When I launch the hcxpcapngtool, the terminal returns the following error:

Warning: out of sequence timestamps!
This dump file contains frames with out of sequence timestamps.
That is a bug of the capturing tool.

I have already spent more than 24 hours trying to solve this problem.
Thanks already to anyone who can help me.
It is not an error, just a warning and hcxpcapngtool is able to handle dump files with a faulty time stamp. But you should move latest hcxdumtool (6.3.2).

With release of 6.2.9 hcxdumptool use nanosecond timer resolution, to fix a timestamp related bug when capturing traffic.
With the release of 6.2.9 hcxpcapng followed and use nanosecond timestamps, too.
From now on it is mandatory that the version numbers of hcxdumtool and hcxpcapng tool matches.

Older pcapng files (recorded with hcxpcapngtool < 6.2.9) can't be fixed and you have to live with this warning.

Which version of hcxdumptool have you used to record the traffic?
Which version of hcxpcapngtool have you used to convert them to hc22000?
(01-22-2024, 07:51 AM)ZerBea Wrote: It is not an error, just a warning and hcxpcapngtool is able to handle dump files with a faulty time stamp. But you should move latest hcxdumtool (6.3.2).

With release of 6.2.9 hcxdumptool use nanosecond timer resolution, to fix a timestamp related bug when capturing traffic.
With the release of 6.2.9 hcxpcapng followed and use nanosecond timestamps, too.
From now on it is mandatory that the version numbers of hcxdumtool and hcxpcapng tool matches.

Older pcapng files (recorded with hcxpcapngtool < 6.2.9) can't be fixed and you have to live with this warning.

Which version of hcxdumptool have you used to record the traffic?
Which version of hcxpcapngtool have you used to convert them to hc22000?

Hallo,
thanks for the reply.
 I have: hcxdumptool 6.3.2. and hcxpcapng 6.2.7. Do you think the hcxpcapng version is too old?
Yes, hcxpcapngtool 6.2.7 is outdated.
(01-22-2024, 02:21 PM)ZerBea Wrote: Yes, hcxpcapngtool 6.2.7 is outdated.

You were right, it works now. Thanks Smile.