"zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped)" error (pls help ;-;)
Rainbow 
Hey guys
So I'm having trouble using hashcat. I'm currently using a The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) Linux (v2023.4) vm on VirtualBox (v7.0.12) and I'm trying to run this command :

Code:
hashcat -m 1400 -a 0 BabyEncryption.zip /usr/share/wordlists/rockyou.txt

and I get this error :

Code:
hashcat (v6.2.6) starting

OpenCL API (OpenCL 3.0 PoCL 5.0+debian  Linux, None+Asserts, RELOC, SPIR, LLVM 15.0.7, SLEEF, DISTRO, POCL_DEBUG) - Platform #1 [The pocl project]
==================================================================================================================================================
* Device #1: cpu-penryn-13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13420H, 3812/7689 MB (1024 MB allocatable), 8MCU

Minimum password length supported by kernel: 0
Maximum password length supported by kernel: 256

Counting lines in BabyEncryption.zip. Please be patient...zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped)  hashcat -m 1400 -a 0 BabyEncryption.zip /usr/share/wordlists/rockyou.txt

I thought that it was a problem with my vm not being able to access my gpu since I don't have gpu passthrough but apparently it works fine with my cpu. 
I have no idea what is causing this error, I've trying running the command as root, upgrading the ram using and the number of cores used by the machine, I've also tried to install hashcat on my host machine (windows 11) but it was worst there, I didn't even get an output. So I need your expert help guys.

here is the output of hashcat -b :

Code:
hashcat (v6.2.6) starting in benchmark mode

Benchmarking uses hand-optimized kernel code by default.
You can use it in your cracking session by setting the -O option.
Note: Using optimized kernel code limits the maximum supported password length.
To disable the optimized kernel code in benchmark mode, use the -w option.

OpenCL API (OpenCL 3.0 PoCL 5.0+debian  Linux, None+Asserts, RELOC, SPIR, LLVM 15.0.7, SLEEF, DISTRO, POCL_DEBUG) - Platform #1 [The pocl project]
==================================================================================================================================================
* Device #1: cpu-penryn-13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13420H, 3812/7689 MB (1024 MB allocatable), 8MCU

Benchmark relevant options:
===========================
* --optimized-kernel-enable

---------------------------
* Hash-Mode 1400 (SHA2-256)
---------------------------

Speed.#1.........: 82958.7 kH/s (22.20ms) @ Accel:512 Loops:512 Thr:1 Vec:4

Started: Sun Jan 28 22:51:40 2024
Stopped: Sun Jan 28 22:51:46 2024

and here is the output of hashcat -I :

Code:
hashcat (v6.2.6) starting in backend information mode

OpenCL Info:
============

OpenCL Platform ID #1
  Vendor..: The pocl project
  Name....: Portable Computing Language
  Version.: OpenCL 3.0 PoCL 5.0+debian  Linux, None+Asserts, RELOC, SPIR, LLVM 15.0.7, SLEEF, DISTRO, POCL_DEBUG

Backend Device ID #1
    Type...........: CPU
    Vendor.ID......: 128
    Vendor.........: GenuineIntel
    Name...........: cpu-penryn-13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13420H
    Version........: OpenCL 3.0 PoCL HSTR: cpu-x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-penryn
    Processor(s)...: 8
    Clock..........: 2611
    Memory.Total...: 7689 MB (limited to 1024 MB allocatable in one block)
    Memory.Free....: 3812 MB
    Local.Memory...: 512 KB
    OpenCL.Version.: OpenCL C 1.2 PoCL
    Driver.Version.: 5.0+debian
Avoid VM's. Avoid The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali).
Use a machine with the correct GPU-drivers installed. See the homepage for minimum versions: https://hashcat.net/hashcat/
(01-29-2024, 10:31 AM)Banaanhangwagen Wrote: Avoid VM's. Avoid The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali)).
Use a machine with the correct GPU-drivers installed. See the homepage for minimum versions: https://hashcat.net/hashcat/

That's what I tried to do. I tried to install hashcat on my host machine, but it was even worst. It was impossible to make it work, I didn't get any output neither an error message or a log file