Urgent Help Needed: Hashcat Suddenly Not Recognizing GPU on Windows 11
Until last week, Hashcat has been functioning perfectly, making full use of my GPU for various tasks. However, as of yesterday, it suddenly fails to recognize my GPU, effectively halting all my password recovery operations. Here are the key details of my setup and the problem:

Operating System: Windows 11
Hashcat Version: v6.2.6
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU, AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics
Issue Description:
Until last week, Hashcat recognized and utilized my GPU without any issues. After this my computer dropped a disc once and a small update to the system. But all of these problems have been fixed and all other functions are running fine.
Yesterday, when I run hashcat -I, it no longer lists any devices, indicating a sudden loss of recognition for my GPU.

Troubleshooting Steps Already Taken:
Verified that GPU drivers are up to date.
Checked OpenCL installations, which seem to be in order as other applications can still utilize the GPU.
Rebooted the system multiple times and attempted to reinstall Hashcat, but the issue persists.
This abrupt change is puzzling, especially since there were no significant system updates or changes made prior to the issue manifesting. The GPU is still recognized by Windows and functions normally for other applications, pointing to a specific issue with Hashcat.

I'm reaching out for any insights, suggestions, or similar experiences that could shed light on this sudden problem. Could this be related to a Windows update, or is there a specific setting in Windows 11 that might restrict Hashcat's access to the GPU?
Any advice, troubleshooting tips, or guidance would be immensely appreciated. I'm at a bit of a loss here and keen to get Hashcat up and running again with GPU acceleration.
Thank you so much in advance for your assistance. Looking forward to your valuable input.

Attached Files
.png   e.png (Size: 41.32 KB / Downloads: 9)
what does hashcat -I tells?

first, it seems you missed installing the Cuda SDK, which is needed for running hashcat with NVIDIA (when not fallback to opencl)

second, you missed installing the timeout-patch

third, maybe you killed your laptop gpu (laptop cooling is not made for cooling gpu's on full workload for a long time)