How to store a list of hashed values?
I'm a newbie. Sorry for posting questions frequently.

>> hashcat -a 0 -m 8900 scrypt_hash.hash example.dict 

I understand that when executing the scrypt algorithm, it operates by hashing dictionary values( example.dict) and comparing them with the correct answer. Is there a way to separately store a list of hashed dictionary values created during execution?

I want to make that list into another dictionary that goes as input to another algorithm. It would be great if it was possible with a command, but if not, I would appreciate it if you could tell me which part of the code to look at.
(05-06-2024, 12:35 PM)joys Wrote: I'm a newbie. Sorry for posting questions frequently.

>> hashcat -a 0 -m 8900 scrypt_hash.hash example.dict 

I understand that when executing the scrypt algorithm, it operates by hashing dictionary values( example.dict) and comparing them with the correct answer. Is there a way to separately store a list of hashed dictionary values created during execution?

I want to make that list into another dictionary that goes as input to another algorithm. It would be great if it was possible with a command, but if not, I would appreciate it if you could tell me which part of the code to look at.

short answer:

there is no option for outputting generated hashes into a file, depending on algorithm (speed) and outputsize (hashsize) there will be always the input/output/storage bottleneck. there is a reason why rainbowtables considered as obsolete, due to the huge amount of storage they need

for small inputlists, go with any programming language of your choice like Python and write a simple script for reading your inputfile, generate hashes from that input per line, dont forget to strip the newlinecharacters, otherwise all your hashes will be "wrong" and outputting these hashes into a file, this will be faster and much more feasable than changing hahscats code