REWARD!!! Anyone seen this type of backup?
Hi there, I've got a new case here. It appears to be a backup of a BTC wallet from 2014, or possibly access to a BTC annuity. The folder was named "important," and the file was a plain .txt file named BTCRENTE.
There are 4 lines of characters and numbers, each containing 14 characters. Only lowercase letters and numbers are used. The highest letter in the alphabet is "u", the lowest is "d", and the character "o" is present as well. The highest number is 8, the lowest is 1. I have absolutely no idea what this could be, so far I haven't figured anything out. In total, there are 56 characters.
For example /edited/:
27537fph28513o
glu357uikf6754
jkjjjjj2547mhi
dpp58kt4883766
  I have a relatively open position from a client, and I'll send a portion to anyone who leads me to the right track, if there's anything in there. This is my hobby; I never know how much, if anything, will come out of it.

If You want Google my jobs: @CryptoRecoveryWorldwide /CZ/, or my name :Jirka Josef Vrubel.
 Thanks for suggest, which I need. 1st one will have BTC tip. J.
EDIT, AND UP!

Hi there, 
I've got a new case here. It appears to be a backup of a BTC wallet from 2014, or possibly access to a BTC annuity. The folder was named "important," and the file was a plain .txt file named BTCRENTE.
There are 4 lines of characters and numbers, each containing 14 characters. Only lowercase letters and numbers are used. The highest letter in the alphabet is "u", the lowest is "d", and the character "o" is present as well. The highest number is 8, the lowest is 1. I have absolutely no idea what this could be, so far I haven't figured anything out. In total, there are 56 characters.
For example /edited/:
27537fph28513o
glu357uikf6754
jkjjjjj2547mhi
dpp58kt4883766
  I have a relatively open position from my client, and I'll send a portion to anyone who leads me to the right track, if there's anything in there. 
This is my hobby; I never know how much, if anything, will come out of it.

If You want Google my jobs: @CryptoRecoveryWorldwide /CZ/, or my name: Jirka Josef Vrubel on FB, or in CZ/SK cryptogroups.

Thanks all, we be at the same boat. I hope.
[/quote]
Could it just be an encoded format of the private key? Like, concatenating all of the strings together and base64-decoding them or they're randomly generated passwords to an account or wallet. It's very difficult to know what this is without knowing what software generated it or having the exact string. My best guess is that this is just a red herring though and probably not relevant to any exploitable information
@penguinkeeper nope, tried as first.
(06-17-2024, 03:08 AM)penguinkeeper Wrote: Could it just be an encoded format of the private key? Like, concatenating all of the strings together and base64-decoding them or they're randomly generated passwords to an account or wallet. It's very difficult to know what this is without knowing what software generated it or having the exact string. My best guess is that this is just a red herring though and probably not relevant to any exploitable information

It's very difficult to know.. Big Grin I am recovering wallets for 8 years in CZ.  It's very difficult to know, i know.. Smile