Password Decoration Rule
(01-25-2013, 12:00 PM)atom Wrote: Thats fine, oclHashcat limits the maximum number of functions per rule

I hadn't realised that oclhashcat-plus limits the number of functions per rule, I thought it was that the rule would make the password >15 so that is why it was rejected.

So just to make sure I understand this correctly oclhashcat-plus does not allow rules with >10 commands regardless of the resulting password length ?

If this is so and you intend to keep it that way I will modify this decoration rule and re-upload it.

However if you decide to increase oclhashcat-plus's ability to test longer passwords would it be possible to increase the password rule size limit also ? If so Please let me know and I will make a Trac ticket requesting it.

Thank you.
No plans for that, actually its not possible because of some hard limitations from GPU
(01-25-2013, 01:19 PM)atom Wrote: No plans for that, actually its not possible because of some hard limitations from GPU

OK thanks for the information. I will modify my rules and upload them again today. I will also update the rules page on the wiki to state that there is a 10 function limit.

Just so I can update the wiki properly...

I am guessing this limit is for oclhashcat-plus only ?

How many rule functions can hashcat accept ?

What would happen if the user pipes hashcat to oclhashcat-plus using larger rules ?

Thanks.
Yes that fine @ Wiki

There will be no problem @ hashcat pipe. There is also no such limit for slow hashes in oclHashcat-plus, thats only for fast hashes (different rule engine).
I am sorry about taking up your time with this atom but I want to make sure I update the wiki correctly and your answers have just made me more confused ! Big Grin

From what you have said here it seems to me that oclhashcat-plus can indeed use >10 functions per rule line except for fast algorithms.

I think you also say that hashcat can use >10 functions per rule line, perhaps on all algorithms as it is CPU based ?

Is there a limit at all on hashcat ?

To save you time I have included all the algorithms in the code box. I wonder if you could copy and paste the algorithms that have the 10 function restriction in oclhashcat-plus and identify them as such.

I will assume the algorithms not selected will have no rule function limitation.

I will then tidy it up and write it out in full on the wiki. I just don't want to post incorrect information.

Code:
MD5
md5($pass.$salt)
md5($salt.$pass)
md5(unicode($pass).$salt)
md5($salt.unicode($pass))
SHA1
sha1($pass.$salt)
sha1($salt.$pass)
sha1(unicode($pass).$salt)
sha1($salt.unicode($pass))
MySQL