hashcat rule
Hi,
please help to realize in hashcat such rule
dic.txt ?d or
dic.txt ?l?l
to append digit or lowercase at the end or before the dic.txt.
In oclHashcat-plus, you can use -a 6 and -7 (hybrid attack). In hashcat you need a rule. Check the rules/hybrid/ folder of oclHashcat-plus. They will work in hashcat, too.
(06-23-2012, 11:23 AM)atom Wrote: In oclHashcat-plus, you can use -a 6 and -7 (hybrid attack). In hashcat you need a rule. Check the rules/hybrid/ folder of oclHashcat-plus. They will work in hashcat, too.

ok..it's clear, but if i need to execute dic.txt ?d?d or dic.txt ?d?d?d is it possible ways to ajust this rule?
(06-23-2012, 12:12 PM)digger Wrote:
(06-23-2012, 11:23 AM)atom Wrote: In oclHashcat-plus, you can use -a 6 and -7 (hybrid attack). In hashcat you need a rule. Check the rules/hybrid/ folder of oclHashcat-plus. They will work in hashcat, too.

ok..it's clear, but if i need to execute dic.txt ?d?d or dic.txt ?d?d?d is it possible ways to ajust this rule?

If I understand your question correctly...

You need to make 2 command lines ,one for each ?d?d then ?d?d?d. The append doesn't increment if that's what you mean.

Just out of interest are you using windows ?
(06-23-2012, 01:12 PM)Hash-IT Wrote:
(06-23-2012, 12:12 PM)digger Wrote:

If I understand your question correctly...

You need to make 2 command lines ,one for each ?d?d then ?d?d?d. The append doesn't increment if that's what you mean.

Just out of interest are you using windows ?

yes, i'm using windows.
try to describe in another word

Quote:In oclHashcat-plus, you can use -a 6 and -7 (hybrid attack). In hashcat you need a rule. Check the rules/hybrid/ folder of oclHashcat-plus. They will work in hashcat, too.

hybrid/append_d.rule
$0
$1
$2
$3
$4
$5
$6
$7
$8
$9

this will be add one digit at the end of each pass from the dic.
If i need to add 2 digits ?d?d i must to modify rule:

$0$0
$0$1
$0$2

and etc.

I'm right or there is more easier way to do what i want?
Yes you are correct.

$1 rule will do this to "password"

password1

An easier way would be to use the hybrid attack, I asked if you were using windows because I haven't been able to get the hybrid attack working properly for me. I wondered if you had experienced the same issue.

However if you are also having trouble, you can use the rule based attack $1 etc as you mentioned before.

Explanation of rules is here.

Edit.

I have just looked through my notes and it is the prefix of the hybrid attack that isn't working, not the suffix so it should be ok for you to do it that way if you wish.

When I say not working I mean not for me, I haven't been able to get it confirmed yet. Smile