Hash type
Hi!

What kind of hash is this? Is it MD5(phpBB3)? And how can I decrypt it using hashcat?

Quote:H4sIAMbgRlAAA0VPAQ4DIQx6m1cp6GL0/68ZNrcsxmqFAiY4ONWjvfVwc2n
69nC7poZ3sF+cGSuaGheTT/XmCYLZncPY1cviGPcSj6cRLQKZwMHGgxlR3OM
6zbCDlbpYvqtSyJjsiqv7T1Pu7q4v52VW6js5rKSfos/u9yU6K+p/iN0+X7Cw/
aDyAAAA

Thx
This looks like something base64 encoded, but taking the unusual length of 141bytes into consideration this is definitely no standard hash type (or just has a very unusual hashConfusedalt formating). I'd rather say it's encrypted data.
(09-26-2012, 01:43 PM)Kungen Wrote: Hi!

What kind of hash is this? Is it MD5(phpBB3)? And how can I decrypt it using hashcat?

Quote:H4sIAMbgRlAAA0VPAQ4DIQx6m1cp6GL0/68ZNrcsxmqFAiY4ONWjvfVwc2n
69nC7poZ3sF+cGSuaGheTT/XmCYLZncPY1cviGPcSj6cRLQKZwMHGgxlR3OM
6zbCDlbpYvqtSyJjsiqv7T1Pu7q4v52VW6js5rKSfos/u9yU6K+p/iN0+X7Cw/
aDyAAAA

Thx

Dude, seriously? After solving this it's clear that it is a job screening question, as in "don't send us your resume until you can solve this" kind of thing.

If you can't figure out the opening filter question what makes you think you'll actually pass an interview? Apart from being dishonest, you're just wasting everyone's time including yours.
lol http://www.fra.se/jobb/utmaning.html
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Well people, username "kungen" is Swedish for "king". Clue number 1.

FRA.se is "Forsvarets RadioAnstalt". That is the Swedish equivalent of NSA, National Security Agency in USA.

Good luck solving the puzzle and applying for the job Kungen! ;-)
I wonder why most people still think passwords are being encrypted. They are hashed using a cryptographic hashing algorithm and not being encrypted.

ofcourse, some hashing algorithms like descrypt and bcrypt are based on the corresponding Block Cipher encryption algorithms.

@thorsheim: That's a good analogy Smile