Purge Rules
Hi,

I have a question regarding the purge rules.

The input word is: _Something_2_Everything_

I want to delete all instances of underscore in the above word.

rule: @_
error: cannot convert rule for use.
expected output word: Something2Everything

similarly, I want to lowercase all entries and remove underscores:

rule: l@_
error: cannot convert rule
expected output: something2everything

I want to delete all the digits in the above input word.

rule: @0@1@2@3@4@5@6@7@8@9
error: cannot convert rule
expected output: _Something__Everything_

same way, I can extend the above rules, to:

l@0@1@2@3@4@5@6@7@8@9
l@0@1@2@3@4@5@6@7@8@9@_

any help would be appreciated Smile
Reject rules work only on CPU not GPU
so, the rules I have written are of the correct form and I need to use them with hashcat?

Also, is there a specific reason behind not implementing this on the GPU platform? I would be interested to know the technical limitations of implementing these rules on GPU Smile
I just checked with hashcat and they work good. Would be great to have them implemented for the GPU platform as well Smile

Is it possible to use multiple rules with hashcat like: -r 1.rule -r 2.rule ?
(10-27-2012, 08:42 AM)NeonFlash Wrote: Also, is there a specific reason behind not implementing this on the GPU platform? I would be interested to know the technical limitations of implementing these rules on GPU Smile

Yes, branching is very expensive on GPU. Sometimes its faster to check garbage but therefore not add a branch. This is such a case.
(10-27-2012, 09:05 AM)NeonFlash Wrote: I just checked with hashcat and they work good. Would be great to have them implemented for the GPU platform as well Smile

If you really want to use them with GPU you can pipe from hashcat using --stdout to oclHashcat-plus

(10-27-2012, 09:05 AM)NeonFlash Wrote: Is it possible to use multiple rules with hashcat like: -r 1.rule -r 2.rule ?

No