Help with syntax
Hi all..

Hope someone here can help me. I need a hand with some syntax, but since I am so new to hashcat it might be easier to explain what I need vs what I've tried and failed so far.

I am trying to solve a geocaching puzzle which contains a SHA1 hash.

Here is what I know:

The salt is COFFEE and is before the string thats been hashed.

I know a partial part of the message 'contained' in the hash - between but not including the brackets

(N49 12.??? W085 07.???)

I know the missing digits are numbers

I know the hash code 2aae6c35c94fcfb415dbe95f408b9ce91ee846ed (this isn't the actual one - this is just hello world)

What would be the syntax required to figure this one out???

Thanks.. Brian
(11-10-2012, 02:57 AM)comedyaddict Wrote: Hi all..

Hope someone here can help me. I need a hand with some syntax, but since I am so new to hashcat it might be easier to explain what I need vs what I've tried and failed so far.

Here is what I know:

I know a partial part of the message 'contained' in the hash - between but not including the brackets

(N49 12.??? W085 07.???)

I know the hash code 2aae6c35c94fcfb415dbe95f408b9ce91ee846ed (this isn't the actual one - this is just hello world)

Thanks.. Brian
Here's an example for windows:

Code:
hashcat-cli64.exe -m 120 -a 3 -o found.txt hash.txt "N49 12.?d?d?d W085 07.?d?d?d"
You put your hashConfusedalt in the hash.txt file and the attack should not take more than a couple of seconds.
(11-10-2012, 07:30 AM)mastercracker Wrote:
(11-10-2012, 02:57 AM)comedyaddict Wrote: Hi all..

Here is what I know:

(N49 12.??? W085 07.???)

Thanks.. Brian
Here's an example for windows:

Code:
hashcat-cli64.exe -m 120 -a 3 -o found.txt hash.txt "N49 12.?d?d?d W085 07.?d?d?d"
You put your hashConfusedalt in the hash.txt file and the attack should not take more than a couple of seconds.

Awesome, thanks for that. I was about to ask for help with salt, but then saw your comment about hashConfusedalt in the text file and the mystery was solved. Weird how that didn't show up until I hit reply.

Turns out I wasn't to far off - the d after the question marks was new for me Smile

Thanks again...