Hashcat pot file: permission denied
Just wondering if someone has an idea on why this is happening. See the 4 lines on top saying: Hashcat.pot: Permission denied

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Probably hashcat.pot is being used by any other program, or set to read-only.
Reboot and try again.
maybe you run hashcat from a dir where you have no write permissions? Hashcat will try to write hashcat.pot to the CWD.
To M@LIK:

I will eventually restart my computer once my current attacks will be done but I doubt it's going to change anything. It's not being used by any other program.

To undeath:

There are no permission problems. Most often, there are no problem and everything gets written in the pot file (I never opened it to verify, however). The problem is random and intermittent so very hard to troubleshoot. I just wanted to check if anyone had experienced the same thing. My current explanation is that since I have a mirrored raid, if other processes are actively using the hard drive, it could be unavailable on the spot for Hashcat but I don't know if it can really happen that way.
Have you try deleted the hashcat.pot file and run again ?
Did you got the same random error message after deleting the hashcat.pot file ?
That sucks. Same problem will exist for the outfile in case you have 2 instances of hashcat/oclHashcat-plus running and writing into the same outfile. It will get even worse if its a big list and you use --remove. So for the .pot part the best way would be to not run more than one instance within the same installation directory. Best way to workaround is to use a seperate installation directory. Or use the --disable-potfile