No need to install Catalyst for OCLHashCat-plus to work properly.
Information 
I wanna give you one hand in documentation matters for OCLHashCat-Plus:
In fact, I have found that, in Windows OS, the only file that seems to be needed for OCL acceleration is "OpenCL.msi" (path inside installer "\Packages\Apps\OpenCL64\OpenCL.msi" for Windows 64 bits). There is no need to install the full Catalyst suite, just the driver only and OpenCL.msi installer.
Quote: The OpenCL.msi installer is 16,1 MB (16.924.160 bytes) size.
The installed file "c:\Windows\System32\OpenCL.dll" is version 1.2.1.0.
The installed file "c:\Windows\SysWOW64\OpenCL.dll" is version 1.2.1.0.

Am I wrong in these conclusions? This is how I do the whole thing installed, and it seems to be working OK.
As long as I did not see this explicitly mentioned in the Wiki section named "oclHashcat and the Drivers: Catalyst and ForceWare" , I was thinking it could be worthful to know/document. I have two AMD Radeon HD graphics card, so I don't know how all this stuff applies to nVidia.
(01-15-2013, 03:08 PM)SopalajoArrierez Wrote: I wanna give you one hand in documentation matters for OCLHashCat-Plus:
In fact, I have found that, in Windows OS, the only file that seems to be needed for OCL acceleration is "OpenCL.msi" (path inside installer "\Packages\Apps\OpenCL64\OpenCL.msi" for Windows 64 bits). There is no need to install the full Catalyst suite, just the driver only and OpenCL.msi installer.
Quote: The OpenCL.msi installer is 16,1 MB (16.924.160 bytes) size.
The installed file "c:\Windows\System32\OpenCL.dll" is version 1.2.1.0.
The installed file "c:\Windows\SysWOW64\OpenCL.dll" is version 1.2.1.0.

Am I wrong in these conclusions? This is how I do the whole thing installed, and it seems to be working OK.
As long as I did not see this explicitly mentioned in the Wiki section named "oclHashcat and the Drivers: Catalyst and ForceWare" , I was thinking it could be worthful to know/document. I have two AMD Radeon HD graphics card, so I don't know how all this stuff applies to nVidia.

Hello
I tried this but I get:
Code:
ERROR: clGetDeviceIDs() -1
I'm not a coder but looks lilke it doesn't see the card.

I installed the 13.1 driver, and it says that it's not 13.1.
removed it completely and install just the SDK as you recommended here, and i get this.
I'm a little lost, any ideas? (windows 7 x64 clean install)
thanks
do not do this, it is terrible advice. that's why everyone ignored this thread when it was first posted.