Help me get the result, please.
Lock and Archive.
Per the forum rules

Do not ask people to crack your hash
The supplied regular expression defines a pattern that the plaintext string matches. Many strings will match this regular expression, but only one of them, when run through an md5 hasher will produce the correct output.

Here is a great resource for determining what that regular expression really means: http://www.regular-expressions.info/quickstart.html

Hint: there are 6,652,800 possible plaintext strings that can be generated by this regular expression

If you aren't willing to do the research / work to solve the problem, perhaps you aren't fit to win the game.
What forum game is this for by the way?
(06-20-2013, 11:11 PM)nutflush Wrote: Hint: there are 6,652,800 possible plaintext strings that can be generated by this regular expression

no. 11^8 = 214,358,881 combinations.

but you can crack this quickly and easily using -a 3 with a custom charset. took 3 seconds to crack on a shitty cpu with the right mask.
I can confirm, cracked in a few seconds with hashcat cpu Smile
(06-21-2013, 12:37 AM)epixoip Wrote: no. 11^8 = 214,358,881 combinations.

I did the same calculation at first, but it seemed way too high for some reason, so I tried a test:

# echo definopqrst | permute.bin | cutb.bin 0 8 | sort -u | wc -l

What is the difference here?

Edit: I replaced the pipe with an 'i' for simplicity.
Edit 2: I did confirm that the cracked hash was indeed in that list.
ooooh, mine doesn't include any repeating characters... I just got lucky that the answer didn't have any either.

I'm not a smart man.
you wouldn't use permute.bin, you'd use maskprocessor.

Code:
./mp64.bin -1 'defnopqrst|' ?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1