hashcat v0.46 and permutation attack
Hi,
I have a problem,
i think permutation attack mode does not work or am i missing something?

Code:
hashcatcli64.exe -m 100 -a 4 hashfile.txt word.txt

it runs just like a dictionary mode, no permutation.
Could someone help?
Check prepare and permute in hashcat utilities and wiki
(10-04-2013, 11:44 AM)vrposter Wrote: Check prepare and permute in hashcat utilities and wiki

I know hashcat-utils does the job, however after you prepare and permute, it is not different than dictionary attack.
There is a permutation attack mode in hashcat which should have done the job without any utilities, i want to know how it works. Anyone knows?
Why do you think it's not doing an permutation attack?

You can try very by using the --stdout switch on commandline. To get it work, remove the hashfile.

There's also a range that a word from your wordlist must match otherwise it's skipped.

Check those switches:

* Permutation attack-mode specific:

--perm-min=NUM Filter words shorter than NUM
--perm-max=NUM Filter words larger than NUM
(10-07-2013, 10:04 AM)atom Wrote: Why do you think it's not doing an permutation attack?

You can try very by using the --stdout switch on commandline. To get it work, remove the hashfile.

There's also a range that a word from your wordlist must match otherwise it's skipped.

Check those switches:

* Permutation attack-mode specific:

--perm-min=NUM Filter words shorter than NUM
--perm-max=NUM Filter words larger than NUM

thanks, it helped me to find the problem Smile
i tried --stdout option and i found that there are always 2 words missing.
in my case i had the word "wer"
i had SHA1 hash of the word "rew" to see whether it works and it did not find therefore i thought it was not working
today with --stdout option i saw hashcat tries just 4 words, namely
Code:
wre
erw
ewr
rwe

Then i inserted words of length of 4 and 5, and i noticed that always 2 words missing. Is that normal or is it a bug or still am i missing something?