how to add custome hash type
um, what i did was pretty easy. just hashConfusedalt format, crack as mode 2611. the extra stuff you see there is me generating a test hash. you can skip that.
(10-21-2013, 02:42 PM)Net_Spy Wrote: @epixoip thanks for that idea , but I have about number of hashes to test is there any other way to accomplish it. I've register on trac yet waiting for activation email form their side.Looking forward for your kind response.

Regards
Net_Spy
It cannot get easier than what epixoip suggested. Just add :9486 to your hashes. This can be done with different tools. I am not sure about basic notepad but I use notepad2 and it can do it. Takes 5 seconds. You just use -m 2611 and it works. Having 1 or 100 hashes won't make a difference in the time to set it up or run it since it's always the same salt.
thanks for your prompt response , you guys really rocks. Im not expert in this im just a beginner. I've one confusing what If I select hash type md5($pass.$salt) , and do I have to add salt like this in hash file

Code:
2f4a96428a59869fd0880fbba13db7cb:9486

@Mastercracker correct me if I'm wrong you said I just have to add 94862 next to each hash like above
then how do I call hash:9486 from a file using following command

Code:
./oclHashcat64.bin -d 1 -m 2611 -a 3

Regards
Net_spy
First, you have to mask certain characters of your hash or you will get a ban. If the hashing algorithm is md5(md5($pass).9486) then you would need to hash every words of your wordlist with MD5 before using it with the MD5($pass.$salt) algorithm (which is -m 11). I don't see why you want to complicate your life doing that. For both algorithm mentioned, yes the format in your hash file has to be hash:9486. Finally, if I have to edit your command line it would be this way:
Code:
./oclHashcat64.bin -d 1 -m 2611 -a 3 hash.txt ?a?a?a?a?a?a
-a 3 means bruteforce or mask attack so I provided a mask to look at every 6 character words that has upperalpha, loweralpha,numbers and/or symbols.
Code:
./oclHashcat64.bin -d 1 -m 2611 -a 0 hash.txt wordlist.txt
-a 0 is a dictionary attack so I provided a wordlist at the end.
You guys are awesome , done thumbs up and hatsoff for prompt response and support.

Regards
Net_Spy
is there any that we can call a folder name where multiple wordlists are save , rather giving one by one each wordlist . Because if we have 30+ wordlist it will be painful.

Regards
Net_Spy
yes, just supply the path to the directory containing the wordlists instead of a specific wordlist file.