after upgrade, hashcat is slow and pauses
I upgraded my password cracking box, and the speeds slowed down. What is even more frustrating though, is the cracking actually stops sometimes.

For example, usually I used to rip straight through wordlists for dictionary attacks. Now it takes 20 minutes or more because the cracking stops for 5 minutes or so at a time (if I click s for status, it shows that the GPU speed is 0 H/s).

Any ideas? I have a AMD 6990 that runs on a Linux platform.

Previous: oclHashcat-plus 0.12 with OpenCL 12.8. A type 1000 would crack at about 4800 k/s.

Current (slower, pausing): oclHashcat-plus 0.15 with OpenCL 13.4. A type 1000 cracks at about 4300 k/s.

The most frustrating is checking the status of the cracker, and it is going either at half speed or 0 k/s for a while. Any ideas?
Exactly the same thing is happening in my case http://hashcat.net/forum/thread-2675.html but nobody seems to be interesting to fix it
If I remember well, this is fixed in the beta version. You should be fine on the next release.
Well I've tried everything to fix this problem. Finally I downgraded back to OpenCL 12.8, using oclHashcat-plus 0.12 and everything is back to working just like normal. I tried the newer driver as suggested (13.11 Beta), but that didn't work either.

Just for anybody else having the same problem, I guess the solution for now is to downgrade. No idea if the problem is in hashcat or in the OpenCL driver itself.
(12-05-2013, 11:31 PM)ccole Wrote: Well I've tried everything to fix this problem. Finally I downgraded back to OpenCL 12.8, using oclHashcat-plus 0.12 and everything is back to working just like normal. I tried the newer driver as suggested (13.11 Beta), but that didn't work either.

Just for anybody else having the same problem, I guess the solution for now is to downgrade. No idea if the problem is in hashcat or in the OpenCL driver itself.
I was referring to oclhashcat's release not the new catalyst release. I don't remember olchashcat-plus 0.12 specifically but there was so many bug fixes and improvements since then that I don't see how it can be appealing. Worst case scenario, 0.14 should work for you.