v1.01 combination attack
It doesn't seem to work for me. Did something change?

./oclHashcat-1.01/cudaHashcat64.bin -m 0 -a 1 --gpu-temp-abort=105 --remove -o ./PasswordCrack/rootkit.dic ./PasswordCrack/rootkit.hash ./PasswordCrack/expanded.dic

Usage: ./oclHashcat-1.01/cudaHashcat64.bin [options]... hash|hashfile|hccapfile [dictionary|mask|directory]...

Try --help for more help.

What am I doing wrong??
And where is the hashfile?
As "User" said you need to specify exactly 2 dictionaries for instance:

Code:
./cudaHashcat64.bin -m 0 -a 1 -o output.txt hash.txt dict1.txt dict2.txt

Therefore, if you use -o outfile file two you all together need to specify 4 files
1. -o outfile
2. hash file (hash.txt)
3. first dictionary (dict1.txt)
4. second dictionary (dict2.txt

Number 3 and 4 can possibly be the same physical file, but anyway you need to specify it twice: e.g

Code:
./cudaHashcat64.bin -m 0 -a 1 -o output.txt hash.txt dict.txt dict.txt
right there in the middle at ./PasswordCrack/rootkit.hash.

Since I can't get this combination attack to run, I'm trying -a 6 (Hybrid + Dict) with the ?a?a?a?a mask. Looking at expander.dic, I think this would cover quite a bit of the combination attack. Am I wrong about that?
(01-18-2014, 12:03 AM)philsmd Wrote: As "User" said you need to specify exactly 2 dictionaries for instance:

Code:
./cudaHashcat64.bin -m 0 -a 1 -o output.txt hash.txt dict1.txt dict2.txt

Therefore, if you use -o outfile file two you all together need to specify 4 files
1. -o outfile
2. hash file (hash.txt)
3. first dictionary (dict1.txt)
4. second dictionary (dict2.txt

Number 3 and 4 can possibly be the same physical file, but anyway you need to specify it twice: e.g

Code:
./cudaHashcat64.bin -m 0 -a 1 -o output.txt hash.txt dict.txt dict.txt

Oh, OK. That does make sense. Ill try with the rootkit.dic and the expander.dic at the end. I'm sorry, i should have read the wiki a little closer. Thanks.