Hashcat to clean a wordlist
I read in a two-year-old post that Hashcat can identify doubles of letters. I have a very basic word list I'm toying with of just 4K words, each four letters. I have no hash to throw it at, but would like HC to see the list of valid words, and output a file of those words/attempts MINUS any words where any letter is repeated. "NODE" is written, "NOON" is not.

Also, my words are only separated by spaces. Can the separator character be defined going IN or do I need to replace spaces with carriage returns (I'm not sure how to do that)?
hashcat can not identify doubles of letters. i guess you're talking about maskprocessor which has an option -q to limit the maximum number of the same letter following in a row.

the thing you want to archieve is not easy to solve and hashcat is definitly the wrong tool for that. but you're lucky you should be able to do it anyway. first you need to generate a wordlist with maskprocessor and use -q so that it does not print those words you dont want to see. then you use the list of words you have in your 4k list and use -m 9999 mode in hashcat cpu. it's a mode we use for testing. hashcat all generic data input and handles them as a valid hash (in your case the words from your wordlist). then you use the mp generated dictionary as dictionary. the stuff that gets "cracked" should be the list you want to see.
Great results and thank you! -q has a minimum of 2 so that filter on ?d?d?d?d would begin 1212 where -q 1 would have given that golden 1234 to begin. Not a big deal and still a big help.

Additionally for anyone's research, I forgot about extended expressions where a space can be replaced quite easily with \n in a find and replace function (I'd used Notepad++).

So DEED, for example, is gone but DADO is still something to take out by hand. 4030 words to 3,627 using the 406,250 combos maskprocessor produced.