Error running oclhashcat
Hello,

I'm trying to run hashcat. I installed the latest AMD drivers (14.4) as mentioned in the wiki but every time I run hashcat I get the following error:

oclHashcat64.exe -b
oclHashcat v1.20 starting in benchmark-mode...

WARN: ADL_Overdrive5_FanSpeedInfo_Get(): -5

Device #1: Tahiti, 3072MB, 1000Mhz, 32MCU
Device #2: Tahiti, 3072MB, 1000Mhz, 32MCU

ERROR: clCreateProgramWithBinary() -42

My environment is:
- GPU: Radeon 7990 6GB
- Driver: Catalyst 14.4 (14-4-win7-win8-win8.1-64-dd-ccc-whql)

Thanks!
Typical invalid driver installation, thanks to AMD installers...

You need to uninstall driver with AMD uninstall, then reboot, then most important part, uninstall it with software "driver fusion" (free version is enough), then reboot, then reinstall catalyst 14.4
Thanks for the tip, but I couldn't get it to work. I installed the demo version of Driver Fusion (it does say in the middle of the removal process that it needs the full version to completely remove the driver... ).

I also removed an old Nvidia driver both with Uninstall and with Driver Fusion.

I uninstalled everything with AMD Cleanup Utility, uninstalled the driver with Driver Fusion twice, all with reboots in the middle. I ended up with my device manager with a Standard VGA Adapter and an Unknown Device, which i assume is good.

I then installed Catalyst 14.4, but still get the -42 error...

Any ideas?
if you had nvidia installed before, then its possible that it did not remove the opencl.dll runtime from windows folder. search for it and remove it then install cat 14.4 again so that it can install its own opencl.dll. also find *.kernel files in kernels/4098/ folder from oclHashcat and remove them. then try again
Success!

I deleted all opencl*.* from Windows, used Driver Fusion and reinstalled Catalyst.

Thanks a million!
:-)
Sorry to bother you again... now if I either run any of the .CMD examples or if I run with the benchmark option, my PC will crash. There is nothing in the event log other than unexpected reboot...

Any idea?

Thanks!
Sounds like overheating.
Sad 
I don't think its overheating. The PC hangs immediately after running hashcat... :-(
Probably a power problem, soon as graphics card's start surging up devices don't get enough power, they're removed and caused a windows crash, what is your PSU?
+1 for power problem