restore session always crashes..
after a power failure (linux ext4), when the machine comes back up,
I issue the
./oclHashCat64.bin --session=blah --restore
and it consistantly, every time, does this:

oclHashcat v1.20 starting in restore-mode...

Generating bitmap tables...Segmentation fault (core dumped)
Maybe the power failure occurred during oclhc writing the restore file and hence it got corrupted.
I guess - I was just puzzled when it happened several times.
and it's a RAID 1 array too. weird..
RAID will not protect you from power failures unless you are using a hardware RAID controller with battery- or flash- backed cache.
Does this help:
Code:
(gdb) file  ./oclHashcat64.bin
Reading symbols from oclHashcat-1.20/oclHashcat64.bin...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
(gdb) run --session=blah --restore
Starting program: oclHashcat64.bin --session=blah --restore
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
Using host libthread_db library "/lib64/libthread_db.so.1".
oclHashcat v1.20 starting in restore-mode...

Generating bitmap tables...            
Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x00007ffff586a76b in ?? () from /lib64/libamdocl64.so
(gdb)
well that says that it crashes somewhere inside AMD's OpenCL runtime, so it's not really an oclHashcat problem. Try to remove all *.kernel files in kernels/4098/*.kernel maybe it helps..
I removed them, but the error did not change. I reinstalled the ATI drivers, same error. I removed all session related files, and started over, still no luck, same crash.
I feel quite foolish - it turns out I hadn't started X..
I dunno if that's the norm, but I always have to start X and start the hashing at the console first.. I use "screen" to detach it then..
you dont need to, only if you want oclhashcat to be able to access temperature and fan information. if you dont care about, just add --gpu-temp-disable and in that case you should be able to run it without x11
Many thanks -- I do enjoy the temperature/fan control of oclHashcat; it takes about 5 seconds of oclHashCat running for the machine to start sounding like an airplane - I appreciate the fan control!