No output file created
I'm trying to recover some MD5 hashes but i have problem with output file, which is not being created. I'm working with oclHashcat for first time so please excuse me if there is some stupid mistake.

my command:
Code:
cudaHashcat64.exe -m 0 -a 3 --outfile=testresult.txt --outfile-format=3 hashes.txt ?a

result:
Code:
cudaHashcat v1.20 starting...

Device #1: GeForce GTX 660, 2048MB, 1097Mhz, 5MCU
Device #1: WARNING! Kernel exec timeout is not disabled, it might cause you errors of code 702
           You can disable it with a regpatch, see here: http://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=timeout_patch

Hashes: 4 hashes; 4 unique digests, 1 unique salts
Bitmaps: 8 bits, 256 entries, 0x000000ff mask, 1024 bytes
Applicable Optimizers:
* Zero-Byte
* Precompute-Init
* Precompute-Merkle-Demgard
* Meet-In-The-Middle
* Early-Skip
* Not-Salted
* Not-Iterated
* Single-Salt
* Brute-Force
* Scalar-Mode
* Raw-Hash
Watchdog: Temperature abort trigger set to 90c
Watchdog: Temperature retain trigger set to 80c
Device #1: Kernel ./kernels/4318/m0000_a3.sm_30.64.ptx
Device #1: Kernel ./kernels/4318/markov_le_v1.64.ptx
Device #1: Kernel ./kernels/4318/bzero.64.ptx

INFO: approaching final keyspace, workload adjusted

Session.Name...: cudaHashcat
Status.........: Exhausted
Input.Mode.....: Mask (?a) [1]
Hash.Target....: File (hashes.txt)
Hash.Type......: MD5
Time.Started...: 0 secs
Time.Estimated.: 0 secs
Speed.GPU.#1...:    34589 H/s
Recovered......: 1/4 (25.00%) Digests, 0/1 (0.00%) Salts
Progress.......: 95/95 (100.00%)
Skipped........: 0/95 (0.00%)
Rejected.......: 0/95 (0.00%)
HWMon.GPU.#1...:  1% Util, 38c Temp, N/A Fan

Started: Thu May 22 10:37:40 2014
Stopped: Thu May 22 10:37:41 2014
Check that you have write permission to that directory.
(05-22-2014, 11:07 AM)curlyboi Wrote: Check that you have write permission to that directory.

Thanks for fast reply. I have set cudaHashcat64.exe to run as administrator and write permissions for all users for that directory and it still doesn't work.
oclHashcat 1.20 has some new features to remove hashes if they were already cracked.

For instance, if the hash:plain line is (also) present in the pot file (cudaHashcat.pot in your case), then cudaHashcat won't try to crack that specific hash again and again, therefore it says 1/x recovered (if present in .pot file)...

Another such feature is the so-called outfile remove feature, where hashes can be removed if the identical hashes (w/ corresponding password - plain) is present in the outfile directory (this feature is used heavily in distributed environments) ...

So to see what is happening in you specific case, I would suggest to test:
1. w/o --outfile option
2. backup and remove (or simply move) cudaHashcat.pot, s.t. we are sure that the "potfile remove" feature doesn't trigger in your case
3. test also if the outfile remove feature doesn't trigger

There are also some possibilities to (temporarily) disable those features, e.g w/ --potfile-disable and --outfile-check-timer 0 etc
Thanks a lot, --potfile-disable helped. Problem was that I didn't fully understand --show parameter. I thought it shows only just cracked hashes during cracking.
I have one more question. How hashcat determinate what to show, is it session, name of file with hasehs or sometihing else?