cuStreamSync errors with OS X 10.8 hash
Hi all,

I've been running ocl via the GUI app to crack an OS X 10.8 hash and I continually get a couple of different error codes as follows:

ERROR: cuStreamSynchronize() 700 Also get the numbers 715 & 716

I'm using a combination attack with the rockyou wordlist as wordlist 1 and the numbers 0-19 as wordlist 2.

I run through various combinations of settings within the app but surely enough, after 60 seconds max I get the error message.

I'm using a GeForce GT 520M, 1GB DDR3 (dedicated), 4GB (totoal available graphics) with driver version 337.88.

Can anyone suggest a solution or give me any insight if the error is "fixable"? Should I give up using the GUI and focus on using the command line?

Thanks.
http://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=timeout_patch
(05-29-2014, 09:33 AM)epixoip Wrote: http://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=timeout_patch

Already added the patch, still no luck.

I've got the hash format set as hash[Confusedalt]:plain, is this correct?
did you reboot after applying the patch?

outfile format does not impact anything, so hashConfusedalt:plain is fine.
(05-29-2014, 02:50 PM)epixoip Wrote: did you reboot after applying the patch?

outfile format does not impact anything, so hashConfusedalt:plain is fine.

Yeah rebooted, at a loss as to what could be the problem.
The OSX 10.8 algorithm is a pain. It is doing lots of iterations that keep your GPU busy. The driver therefore often alarms out, especially with slower cards because the entire calculation takes more time than with faster cards. So it's about time here and also a bit about GPU memory. Add "-w 1" to your commandline. It should help
(05-30-2014, 09:42 AM)atom Wrote: The OSX 10.8 algorithm is a pain. It is doing lots of iterations that keep your GPU busy. The driver therefore often alarms out, especially with slower cards because the entire calculation takes more time than with faster cards. So it's about time here and also a bit about GPU memory. Add "-w 1" to your commandline. It should help

Cheers Atom, I will give it a go. Been using the GUI up until now, will get in and learn the command line way.

I suspect that the password begins with a capital letter, contains 6-10 alpha characters and a number between 10-19 on the end. Could you give me some tips on setting up a mask attack to run these possibilities?
(05-30-2014, 11:38 AM)newestofthenew Wrote:
(05-30-2014, 09:42 AM)atom Wrote: The OSX 10.8 algorithm is a pain. It is doing lots of iterations that keep your GPU busy. The driver therefore often alarms out, especially with slower cards because the entire calculation takes more time than with faster cards. So it's about time here and also a bit about GPU memory. Add "-w 1" to your commandline. It should help

Cheers Atom, I will give it a go. Been using the GUI up until now, will get in and learn the command line way.

I suspect that the password begins with a capital letter, contains 6-10 alpha characters and a number between 10-19 on the end. Could you give me some tips on setting up a mask attack to run these possibilities?

So I tried running the following:

cudahashcat64.exe -d1 HASH.txt -m7100 -a3 ?u?l?l?l?l?l?l?l?d?d -w1

Error: cuStreamSynchronize() 716

and then:

cudahashcat64.exe HASH.txt -m7100 -a3 ?u?l?l?l?l?l?l?l?d?d

Error: cuStreamSynchronize() 700

GRRRRR!

Hi Atom,

I was wondering if you had any thoughts on my last post

"So I tried running the following:

cudahashcat64.exe -d1 HASH.txt -m7100 -a3 ?u?l?l?l?l?l?l?l?d?d -w1

Error: cuStreamSynchronize() 716

and then:

cudahashcat64.exe HASH.txt -m7100 -a3 ?u?l?l?l?l?l?l?l?d?d

Error: cuStreamSynchronize() 700

GRRRRR!"

Could I possibly send you my hash to see if you have any luck with it? The algorithm that was used to extract it may not have been 100% right and it may be a case of a bad hash?