Not Cracking Passwords With Symbol Followed by Uppercase
Oops. I knew that. It's been a long day.
oclHashcat64.exe -m 0 -a 3 --workload-profile=3 -o Cracked.txt md5uplownumsym.txt ?a
This works for one character crack.
I guess now my only question is how exactly to implement the --increment flag to let this automatically continue to add ?a on the end.
I tried
oclHashcat64.exe -m 0 -a 3 --increment --workload-profile=3 -o Cracked.txt md5uplownumsym.txt ?a
but that didn't seem to do it (I'm assuming --increment falls under the options category).
Again, thanks for all the help and your patience. I know working with newbies can be frustrating because we ask stupid stuff a lot.
Never mind, I got it!
oclHashcat64.exe -m 0 -a 3 --increment --workload-profile=3 -o Cracked.txt md5uplownumsym.txt ?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a
Thanks much!
(08-28-2014, 03:32 AM)gaminfreak22 Wrote: Never mind, I got it!
oclHashcat64.exe -m 0 -a 3 --increment --workload-profile=3 -o Cracked.txt md5uplownumsym.txt ?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a
Thanks much!

Also if you like to keep it clean you can just use:

Code:
-i instead of --increment
-w 3 instead of --workload-profile 3

I like to keep my commands short and simple if I can so this is what mine might look like for an incremental attack to up to 8 characters.

Code:
./hc -w 3 -a 3 -m 0 -i -o cracked.txt hash.txt ?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a

Just thought I would share it's not really important per say...

I suppose I can also share the fact that you can use custom masks to attack a hash if you happen to have an idea of how it's formatted. It's faster than wildcards "?a" for example "?u?l?l?l?l?d?d?s".

Code:
?l = abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
?u = ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
?d = 0123456789
?s =  !"#$%&'()*+,-./:;<=>?@[\]^_`{|}~
?a = ?l?u?d?s
?b = 0x00 - 0xff
Thanks for the tip, Pyrex. The reason I was doing all ?a was because the exercise for class did not specify a range of locations that would contain specific types of characters, so I have to ?a in all locations.