How to recover password by truecrypt
Iam sorry, but I have to bring this old thread up again, but can anyone give me a rough estimation of when the non-AES-encryption-algorithms for truecrypt will be supported by hashcat?

After the first results for recovering truecrypt passwords back in August 2013 I was hoping to find a solution for the non-AES-encryptions soon. But now I did not see anything happen in the last 4 month and as Iam not able to work on this on my own, I would appreciate any development on the truecrypt part very much.
Unfortunately the new version still does not support non-AES-encryption. As Iam desperately waiting for this options since 8 month now, I would like to ask again, if there is a rough estimation, when the non-AES-encryptions (and combinations) will be added?
Did you asked for this on Trac?
Iam sorry, what do you mean with "on Trac"?

I only asked here in this thread.
Try here: Trac

It's easier for atom to see and to organize requests there. Also check how request should be formed, need to provide details of exact things what you want, not only "support non-AES-encryption"
Looking over this thread, it seems that Hashcat can work on a file container - but not a device.

If I have a rough idea of what the password would be

"ASeriesOfCapitalizedWordsMaybeWithPunctuationBetweenOrAfter!!" as an example, can a dictionary work against an encrypted partition?
If you have an Idea how the password could look like and you can not create the candidates with one of the builtin attack-modes I recommend writing your own password candidate generator and simply pipe it to oclHashcat.

./mycandidategenerator dict1 dict2 dict3 ... dict40 | ./oclHashcat64.bin -m 6231 bla.tc ...
sorry for grabbing this thread again

I also have problems recovering my truecrypt password.
I downloaded cudaHashcat 1.33 and made a wordlist with possible password parts.
What I want to do is a combinator attack on my truecrypt file.

How exactly do I have to enter this into the cmd?
Or does anyone have a batch file for this purpose?

Thanks in advance
- roadrunner
(02-26-2015, 09:15 PM)roadrunner Wrote: sorry for grabbing this thread again

I also have problems recovering my truecrypt password.
I downloaded cudaHashcat 1.33 and made a wordlist with possible password parts.
What I want to do is a combinator attack on my truecrypt file.

How exactly do I have to enter this into the cmd?
Or does anyone have a batch file for this purpose?

Thanks in advance
- roadrunner

You should at least have a look at the possible options to select the correct options after the "-m". For me the following line worked:

cudaHashcat64.exe -m 6225 truecryptfile.tc dictionaryfile.txt