Help understanding toggles and rules WPA
I have been playing around with my own network for learning, if I set the WiFi password for keepoff1 (not very strong) it takes no time with a base dictionary. If I change the password to K3#p)ff1, how would I use the rules with oclhashcat to take a regular dictionary and adjust it?

thanks in advance.
here is an overview over all available rules: https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=rule_based_attack
I reviewed the wiki before posting, and was trying to understand how to take a regular keyboard output and utilize it and with an 8 character session.

Basically take a in position 1 run it, then the following as it works through the 8 positions.
Rules is one way to do it. There's also the table-lookup attack which makes the processes easier, you don't have to write all the rules, just the translations.

Quote:root@et:~/hashcat-0.50# cat wordlist.txt
keepoff1
root@et:~/hashcat-0.50# cat my.table
k=K
k=k
e=E
e=e
e=3
e=#
o=O
o=o
o=()
o=0
o=(
o=)
root@et:~/hashcat-0.50# ./hashcat-cli64.bin -a 5 -t my.table --stdout wordlist.txt | wc -l
root@et:~/hashcat-0.50# ./hashcat-cli64.bin -a 5 -t my.table --stdout wordlist.txt | grep 'K3#p)ff1'
K3#p)ff1

There's also some example table in the tables/ folder. If you want that attack with oclHashcat just pipe it:

Quote:./hashcat-cli64.bin -a 5 -t my.table --stdout wordlist.txt | ./oclHashcat64.bin -m 2500 lala.hccap -w 3