Official Hastopus?
Has anyone considered that the hashtopus program that currently exists is kinda outdated and the Web client doesn't look that great either.

I was wondering if anyone would want to create an 'official' hashtopus?
Perhaps one of the developers of hashcat to make sure it's optimized.

I'd love to help create the web sided client to make it look nice.
But an optimized Hashtopus like program to allow distributed hash cracking would be absolutely awesome, especially if you'd be able to have a nice view at the same time.
I'm very sure atom has better things to do than writing a "stupid" web interface. But hashtopus is open source, you can simply integrate the web interface you like and push it to the git repo.
(04-25-2015, 09:30 PM)undeath Wrote: I'm very sure atom has better things to do than writing a "stupid" web interface. But hashtopus is open source, you can simply integrate the web interface you like and push it to the git repo.

the web interface is more of a secondary thing.
The main thing would be to have an 'as optimized as possible' distributed hash cracking system.
There already exists an 'as optimized as possible' distributed hash cracking system. But it's not os freeware.
(04-26-2015, 02:58 AM)undeath Wrote: There already exists an 'as optimized as possible' distributed hash cracking system. But it's not os freeware.

What is it called?
But like I said, it would be awesome if someone would be interested in making something like that.
Hashtopus is ideal for daily use and its pretty optimized from technical view. Many of the features go back to my own experience with password cracking.

I agree the interface doesnt look nice but what undeath said is true. It's OSS you can make it look more beautiful.
(04-27-2015, 01:52 PM)atom Wrote: Hashtopus is ideal for daily use and its pretty optimized from technical view. Many of the features go back to my own experience with password cracking.

I agree the interface doesnt look nice but what undeath said is true. It's OSS you can make it look more beautiful.

From previous experience (over a year ago) hashtopus was very slow an unoptimized. After seeing quite a few people use it, I figured that it must have improved, and it has. It's still being improved and it's way more optimized then it was back in the day.