Can't crack salted sha1 hashes from mac (line length exeption)
#1
I have the sha1 (i belive it's salted?) hash from a mac running snow leopard 1.6, but when I input it into hashcat with this code:

Code:
root@The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali):~# hashcat -m 100 /root/sha1.txt /root/cracked.txt
I get this error:
Code:
Initializing hashcat v0.49 with 2 threads and 32mb segment-size... Skipping line: f4xx8exxffxxa1xx48xx01xx66xxf0xxcfxx8dxx4fxx3xx1 (line length exception) No hashes loaded

I have also tried it with -m 110 120 130 140 150 and 160 but I get:
Code:
Initializing hashcat v0.49 with 2 threads and 32mb segment-size... Skipping line: f4xx8exxffxxa1xx48xx01xx66xxf0xxcfxx8dxx4fxx3xx1 (separator unmatched)

Also, I can't crack any passwords with over six charchters; it cracks an md5 hash with a five or six charchter password in >3 seconds, but when I try anything longer I get:
Code:
root@The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali):~# hashcat -m 0 /root/sha1.txt /root/cracked.txt Initializing hashcat v0.49 with 2 threads and 32mb segment-size... Added hashes from file /root/sha1.txt: 1 (1 salts) Activating quick-digest mode for single-hash NOTE: press enter for status-screen Input.Mode: Dict (/root/cracked.txt) Index.....: 1/1 (segment), 0 (words), 0 (bytes) Recovered.: 0/1 hashes, 0/1 salts Speed/sec.: - plains, - words Progress..: 0/0 (100%) Running...: --:--:--:-- Estimated.: --:--:--:-- Started: Sat May 9 01:00:30 2015 Stopped: Sat May 9 01:00:30 2015

Please help me!
thanks!
#2
OSX 10.6 is -m 122, not -m 100. You also are not formatting the hash correctly. See http://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=example_hashes

In your MD5 attack it appears the wordlist you are attempting to use is empty:

Quote:Index.....: 1/1 (segment), 0 (words), 0 (bytes)
Progress..: 0/0 (100%)
#3
Thanks alot for the quick reply!
I used
Code:
root@The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali):~# hashcat -m 122 -a 1 /root/hash.txt /usr/share/wordlists/sqlmap.txt
and it worked perfectly.
Thanks again.