oclHashcat v2.00

Download here: https://hashcat.net/oclhashcat/

This oclHashcat version 2.00 is all about Open-Source. Yes, you read it right. We went Open-Source!

If you want to read more about the background of this, you can find the details here: https://hashcat.net/forum/thread-4880.html

Beside that, there's also alot of changes from the previous version 1.37 to this version.

Most important changes
  • Bitsliced GPU kernel of the DES based algorithms LM and DEScrypt
  • TrueCrypt cracker is now full-featured
  • Removed Timebomb-, Beta- and Keyfile- checks
  • Added support for all AMD Fiji based GPU (Fury)

Newly added algorithms
  • Blockchain, My Wallet
  • MS-AzureSync PBKDF2-HMAC-SHA256

Bitsliced GPU kernel

Bitsliced DES code was an important thing to add, many people were looking for this feature for a long time. If you want to know more about the details of how the implementation went you can read about the details here: https://hashcat.net/forum/thread-4761.html

But to shortcut it, the status is that -m 1500 (DEScrypt) and -m 3000 (LM) now both use bitsliced code for Brute-Forced attacks. Two more things will be done soon:
  • Support for bitsliced Oracle-DES and RACF
  • Support for hardcoded salt in DEScrypt
Once we finish the hardcoded salt in DEScrypt we can expect even more performance. 

Make sure to monitor oclHashcat's GitHub repository if you're interested in this.

TrueCrypt cracker

The previous release version of oclHashcat (v1.37) was already able to crack TrueCrypt volumes, though it only is able to crack AES encrypted volumes. 

With oclHashcat v2.00 we added the following functionality:
  • Crack Serpent
  • Crack Twofish
  • Crack cascaded ciphers
  • Crack keyfile-protected volumes
That means we finally have a full-featured TrueCrypt cracking engine. It supports all hashes, ciphers, cascades, keyfiles, hidden-volumes, bootable-devices in any possible combination.

But beside that, we also found a way to speed up TrueCrypt cracking massively!

If you're interested in this, please read my post "Cracking eight different TrueCrypt ciphers for the price of three": https://hashcat.net/forum/thread-4812.html

ATM, oclHashcat is the only cracker able to perform this attack.

Full changelog v1.37 -> v2.00

Quote:
Type: Project
File: All
Desc: Made the project Open-Source

Type: Project
File: All
Desc: Switched the license to MIT

Type: Feature
File: Host
Desc: Removed Timebomb-, Beta- and Keyfile- checks

Type: Driver
Desc: Added support for AMD APP SDK v3.0 GA

Desc: Added support for AMD ADL 8.0

Desc: added support for NV CUDA 7.5

Desc: Replaced support for NVAPI with support for its successor GDK, starting with version 352.55

Desc: Added support for all AMD Fiji based GPU (Fury)
Trac: 677

Type: Change
File: Kernel
Desc: Bitsliced mode -m 1500 = crypt, DES(Unix), Traditional DES in mask mode

Desc: Bitsliced mode -m 3000 = LM in mask mode

Desc: Added new hash mode -m 12700 = Blockchain, My Wallet
Trac: 645

Desc: Added new hash mode -m 12800 = MS-AzureSync PBKDF2-HMAC-SHA256
Trac: 669

Desc: Added new hash mode -m 6211 = TrueCrypt 5.0+ PBKDF2-HMAC-RipeMD160 + XTS  512 bit
Desc: Added new hash mode -m 6212 = TrueCrypt 5.0+ PBKDF2-HMAC-RipeMD160 + XTS 1024 bit
Desc: Added new hash mode -m 6213 = TrueCrypt 5.0+ PBKDF2-HMAC-RipeMD160 + XTS 1536 bit
Desc: Added new hash mode -m 6221 = TrueCrypt 5.0+ PBKDF2-HMAC-SHA512    + XTS  512 bit
Desc: Added new hash mode -m 6222 = TrueCrypt 5.0+ PBKDF2-HMAC-SHA512    + XTS 1024 bit
Desc: Added new hash mode -m 6223 = TrueCrypt 5.0+ PBKDF2-HMAC-SHA512    + XTS 1536 bit
Desc: Added new hash mode -m 6231 = TrueCrypt 5.0+ PBKDF2-HMAC-Whirlpool + XTS  512 bit
Desc: Added new hash mode -m 6232 = TrueCrypt 5.0+ PBKDF2-HMAC-Whirlpool + XTS 1024 bit
Desc: Added new hash mode -m 6233 = TrueCrypt 5.0+ PBKDF2-HMAC-Whirlpool + XTS 1536 bit
Desc: Added new hash mode -m 6241 = TrueCrypt 5.0+ PBKDF2-HMAC-RipeMD160 + XTS  512 bit + boot-mode
Desc: Added new hash mode -m 6242 = TrueCrypt 5.0+ PBKDF2-HMAC-RipeMD160 + XTS 1024 bit + boot-mode
Desc: Added new hash mode -m 6243 = TrueCrypt 5.0+ PBKDF2-HMAC-RipeMD160 + XTS 1536 bit + boot-mode
Trac: 394

Desc: Added support for keyfiles with TrueCrypt 5.0+ for all modes
Trac: 618

Desc: Added new status-display line showing Recovered/Time rate for current and average activity

Desc: Hash-Modes 10900, 11900, 12000 and 12100 switched salt encoding from raw to base64
Trac: #658

Desc: Fine-tuned fanspeed regulation to work nice even on bigger systems (6+ GPU)

Desc: Renamed rule 'x' to 'O', omit X chars of word at pos N

Desc: Added rule 'x', extract X chars of word at pos N, to keep compatibility to JtR/crack

Desc: Switched to newer glibc for binaries (testphase; please contact us if you have problems)

Type: Bug
Desc: On Nvidia, do not use cuMemAllocHost() on CUDA systems with many GPUs to avoid errors of type cuMemAllocHost() 999

Desc: On Nvidia, make sure to clean constant buffer for each iteration of maskfiles
Trac: 691

Desc: When trying to crack a raw hash with appended salt, the salt length was taken into account when calculating the number of bytes for the innerloop

--
atom
Thanks amazing !!!! Smile
Thank you so much !
(12-04-2015, 11:22 PM)Mem5 Wrote: Thank you so much !

Open source? Open source ! Yeaaaa!

That is so positive, thank you for that.
Thank you!
Hey all,

there is a new version available - 2.01:

https://hashcat.net/oclhashcat/

I guess that this was just a quickfix and that's why no new subject was started, however I would appreciate it - than I get an email about new topic (and therefore new version) and I get to know the changelog.

I hope that the mask attack was fixedSmile
I believe you forgot to update the performance matrix on https://hashcat.net/oclhashcat/ (specifically the LM speeds).
Thank you!