Speed isn’t Everything !
(09-19-2011, 12:51 PM)dr8breed Wrote: And i dont understand how this => mp64.exe -1 ?l?u?d?s | oclHashcat-plus64.exe -m 2500 -n 800 test.hccap <= is going to work for wpa .. Always gives me exhausted error on windows.. Running linux to get ati card to work is a pain for my samsung rf712 laptop. Guess the only thing that works for me is hashcat lite for the other hashes. I can only rely on bruteforce. Dict and wordlists really taking up too much space.

your just forgot the password length. ex: mp64.exe -1 ?l?u?d?s ?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1
Thank you for your reply atom.

I am using this code…

mp32.exe ?u?u?u?u?u?u?u?u | oclHashcat-plus32.exe -m 2500 <test.hcap> -a 0 -o found.txt

This does seem to be working but I am unable to see any information as to how long the test is likely to take. I guess this is because hashcat+ is receiving a pipe and therefore cannot assess the size, which is understandable. Is there anyway I can get this info from maskprocessor ?

I believe the code above will probably take around 40 days on my computer as I have tried it with EWSA before.

As this will take such a long time I was hoping to use the “Brute force with start from.” option. I thought this would allow me to leave it running until such time I need my computer for something else, then I could see where I was up to and write it down. This would then allow me to return later to start from my last position.

I have tried a few methods to actually see the last tested password without success. Perhaps a feature request ? Please can hashcat+ show the last tested password on pause or periodically when a user press the “s” key ?

Does anyone know of a way I can pause or stop the code and see where I am at in order to make use of the “start from” option ?

Thanks.
You can calculate ETA by dividing total number of combinations by current speed.
If that's len8 alpha, then it's 26^8 combination.

As for the progress stuff, well, it's kinda possible, but tricky, and requires some bearded calculations to be done.

(09-19-2011, 03:41 PM)Rolf Wrote: You can calculate ETA by dividing total number of combinations by current speed.
If that's len8 alpha, then it's 26^8 combination.

Thanks for the suggestion ! I have just worked it out, (may be totally wrong here) but I think it should take 37 days on my computer. I wasn't far out with my original guess was I !! Smile

Quote:As for the progress stuff, well, it's kinda possible, but tricky, and requires some bearded calculations to be done.

Oh, ok ... I guess my request to show the last checked password in hashcat's update (status) screen will be my only hope to enable me to resume a task successfully.

Thanks for your help.

Edit...

I just thought I would come back to clarify something before it is commented on.

When I asked for hashcat+ to show the last password checked I meant while it is piped mode. I understand hashcat+ cannot know where it is or what order things are due to the cache as explained before.

However I assume that when in piped mode as hashcat+ is being supplied passwords in order this request would work. Maybe not, I don’t know.

Thanks.

(09-19-2011, 03:08 PM)Hash-IT Wrote: As this will take such a long time I was hoping to use the “Brute force with start from.” option. I thought this would allow me to leave it running until such time I need my computer for something else, then I could see where I was up to and write it down. This would then allow me to return later to start from my last position.

you can also use the "p"ause option for that
(09-19-2011, 05:44 PM)atom Wrote: you can also use the "p"ause option for that

Thanks again for your help atom, however over a long cracking period of days, weeks or even months there will be a time when I need to reboot and I haven’t yet been able to restore a session after doing that. This could very well be my lack of knowledge though.

The “Pause” option does work, but as you already know my fear is of an accidental or intentional power off and losing all the progress made over that time.

I do wonder if my theory is correct regarding piped words to hashcat+ ? As they are known and sent in order does hashcat+ know which is that last one tested ? I know this isn’t possible when hashcat+ is reading from a dictionary but I wondered if it was a different case when piped.
nope, same problem exist
(09-19-2011, 01:35 PM)atom Wrote:
(09-19-2011, 12:51 PM)dr8breed Wrote: And i dont understand how this => mp64.exe -1 ?l?u?d?s | oclHashcat-plus64.exe -m 2500 -n 800 test.hccap <= is going to work for wpa .. Always gives me exhausted error on windows.. Running linux to get ati card to work is a pain for my samsung rf712 laptop. Guess the only thing that works for me is hashcat lite for the other hashes. I can only rely on bruteforce. Dict and wordlists really taking up too much space.

your just forgot the password length. ex: mp64.exe -1 ?l?u?d?s ?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1

Thanks atom Big Grin .I'm quite new to this multiprocessor. Just glad that such a function exist.
Conceptually, it looks like I've misunderstood the way the piped commands execute.
For years I've been under the impression that earlier commands had to finish before later commands could run.

Now that this has been clarified, I can see great value in a pre-processor such as the mask processor for generating dictionary words for oclHashcat (e.g. JtR charset processor).

I'd like to experiment building something of my own, but I'm a little confused.
Since mp is running so much faster than oclHashcat, how does it "know" how to buffer it's output?
Clearly, it can't be sending oclHashcat partial words.

Is the source for the mask processor publicly available?
If not, some example of how to do this?

Many thanks.
(09-20-2011, 05:44 PM)me.scotty Wrote: I'd like to experiment building something of my own, but I'm a little confused.
Since mp is running so much faster than oclHashcat, how does it "know" how to buffer it's output?
Clearly, it can't be sending oclHashcat partial words.

the os itself blocks the write instruction on the writing processes. thats all it need to do.

(09-20-2011, 05:44 PM)me.scotty Wrote: Is the source for the mask processor publicly available?
If not, some example of how to do this?

neither of