cuModuleLoad() 200
Hi guys,

I've been trying out hashcat and cudaHashcat for research purposes. The former works okay, though rather slowly, but the latter one has been giving me headaches.

0. My laptop:
Windows 10
Intel i7-3610QM
Nvidia 650M

1. First, the cudaHashcat caused BSOD whenever I ran it, with the error KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE. I read on the Nvidia forums that this is due to a bug in the latest 361 drivers, so I downgraded to 359.06, as suggested there.

2. Now it runs, but throws me a cuModuleLoad() 200 error (?) every time I want to do something with it. For example, benchmarking:

Code:
C:\cudaHashcat-2.01>cudaHashcat64.exe -b
cudaHashcat v2.01 starting in benchmark-mode...

Device #1: GeForce GT 650M, 2048MB, 950Mhz, 2MCU

ERROR: cuModuleLoad() 200

or trying to break a test hash:

Code:
C:\cudaHashcat-2.01>cudaHashcat64.exe -m 2500 -a3 test.hccap ?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d
cudaHashcat v2.01 starting...

Device #1: GeForce GT 650M, 2048MB, 950Mhz, 2MCU
Device #1: WARNING! Kernel exec timeout is not disabled, it might cause you errors of code 702
          You can disable it with a regpatch, see here: http://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=timeout_patch

Hashes: 1 hashes; 1 unique digests, 1 unique salts
Bitmaps: 16 bits, 65536 entries, 0x0000ffff mask, 262144 bytes, 5/13 rotates
Applicable Optimizers:
* Zero-Byte
* Single-Hash
* Single-Salt
* Brute-Force
Watchdog: Temperature abort trigger set to 90c
Watchdog: Temperature retain trigger set to 80c
Device #1: Kernel ./kernels/4318/m02500.sm_30.64.cubin

ERROR: cuModuleLoad() 200

Any help? Any ideas at all?

Thanks in advance. If you need any more info, please ask and I will supply! :-)
Solved!

I googled some more and found this link: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18844...moduleload. It basically says, that if you encounter this 200 error (CUDA_ERROR_INVALID_IMAGE), it must be some kind of a borked image file. I deleted my cudaHashcat folder, re-downloaded the archive and re-extracted the files, and now it works fine! Must have been some file corruption, which raises some more scary questions about my computer, but at least the program works now :-)

Close thread please. Sorry for posting, but I swear I was googling for two hours before and missed the link above.
Thank you for Googling!