New Attack Available In Rule File ?
I am trying to incorporate the new permutation attack into a rule file I was thinking that my code would look something like this…

oclHashcat-plus32.exe -m 2500 <test.hcap> --rules-file -o found.txt

and that my rule file would have the following for a full permutation…

:
a 4

etc..

Which didn’t work. I read the help in hashcat+ and it said to use “-r” for a rule based attack.

oclHashcat-plus32.exe -m 2500 <test.hcap> -a -r --rules-file test.txt -o found.txt

Which didn’t work.

Is it possible to make the new attack option work via a rule file or am I trying to do something impossible ? I am quite prepared to believe I am doing something wrong !! ha ha !
(09-19-2011, 09:14 PM)Hash-IT Wrote: oclHashcat-plus32.exe -m 2500 <test.hcap> -a -r --rules-file test.txt -o found.txt

Which didn’t work.
From the --help:
Attacks:
-a, --attack-mode=NUM number of attack-mode
0 = Straight *
4 = Permutation
* = for rule-based attack use -r or -g
So you have to specify a number after the -a switch, "0" or "4".
You can't use -r, -a or -g at the same time. You have to choose one of these.

A correct syntax example would be:
Rules attack:
Code:
oclHashcat-plus32.exe -m 2500 -r test.rule -o found.txt test.hccap dictionnary.txt
OR
Generated rules attack:
Code:
oclHashcat-plus32.exe -m 2500 -g 15 -o found.txt test.hccap dictionnary.txt
OR
Permutation attack:
Code:
oclHashcat-plus32.exe -m 2500 -a 4 -o found.txt test.hccap dictionnary.txt

There's already good rules file in the /rules/ directory. If you're using the -m 2500 switch i would suggest you to use best64.rule.
Hi San Smile

Thanks for your help, I do understand how to make the permutations work when writing it directly in the command.

Example.
oclHashcat-plus32.exe -m 2500 <test.hcap> -a 4 --rules-file test.txt -o found.txt

The above works for me. I also understand the other examples you kindly provided. However I am making a script that has this standard line …

oclHashcat-plus32.exe -m 2500 <test.hcap> --rules-file test.txt -o found.txt

My script asks me which .hcap file I want to test and which dictionary I wish to use. It also asks for which rule file I would like to use, this is where I would like the opportunity to set the permutations option. I wanted to try to make the permutation option within the rule file itself, not the original command line. I am sorry if I am not explaining myself very well.

Everything works very well apart from getting the permutations to work solely from the rule file. I thought I would be able to switch the permutations on or off depending on which of my pre written rule files I chose.

Hi

Sorry about this, a friend has just e-mailed me to let me know that the permutation option is an attack mode and therefore not available in the rule file.

I'll alter my script to allow for this.

Thanks for you help anyway Smile