recover after reboot
My computer accidentially  rebooted.
It had been running the following command:

hashcat-cli64 -m 2500 -a 8 R.hccap somewords.txt

I have read many things on recovery, but dont understand it.

I can't find a .recovery file anywhere, and it is possible that the --recovery option is no more? I don't seem to see it in the help.

I see there is a -s=####### option but cant see a recover option when I do a -help.

Can someone explain how to recover particularly if we dont know the place we left off..

Thanks.
Oh yes version 2.0 of Hashcat (64bit)
Did you try hashcat-cli64 --restore

(02-07-2016, 03:11 PM)Wolf58 Wrote: My computer accidentially  rebooted.
It had been running the following command:

hashcat-cli64 -m 2500 -a 8 R.hccap somewords.txt

I have read many things on recovery, but dont understand it.

I can't find a .recovery file anywhere, and it is possible that the --recovery option is no more? I don't seem to see it in the help.

I see there is a -s=####### option but cant see a recover option when I do a -help.

Can someone explain how to recover particularly if we dont know the place we left off..

Thanks.
Oh yes version 2.0 of Hashcat (64bit)
[quote='Jiminy' pid='28351' dateline='1454856278']

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I did. I'm using Llinux by the way, here is my command and here is the output.

/hashcat/hashcat-cli64.bin --restore
/hashcat/hashcat-cli64.bin: unrecognized option '--restore'

This is why I wonder if --restore is still a proper command in v2.00 ???
It does have a restore feature.  
I just tried it.  It wasn't in linux, however it should be the same as the windows version, if I'm not mistaken.
I haven't been able to get hashcat running on linux yet.

It says "to restore session use parameter -s plus an argument.
It appears the argument is a number containing the last hashes checked.  (probably the wrong terminology).
If your system crashed, you won't have that argument to enter after the -s parameter.
-hope the above helps a little. . . 
/r
j

(02-07-2016, 06:04 PM)Wolf58 Wrote: [quote='Jiminy' pid='28351' dateline='1454856278']

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I did. I'm using Llinux by the way, here is my command and here is the output.

/hashcat/hashcat-cli64.bin --restore
/hashcat/hashcat-cli64.bin: unrecognized option '--restore'

This is why I wonder if --restore is still a proper command in v2.00 ???
I think that the right command is as follows.
(Not clear from what I can see in doco.)

hashcat -m 2500 -a 8 R.hccap somewords.txt  -s=##########

sadly if you dont have that number then your out of luck. I cant see it found anywhere.

I have seen other programs that periodically save out the results to a file. Maybe a good safety is the periodically, eg once a day manually stop the program so that it writes the file or at least physically write it down so that you cand restart it at least from that day ??

Again its not clear.

Linux is prety easy if you have some understanding of it. Download The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) linux and install it. This will get you started.
Both cudahashcat and oclhashcat have the restore feature.  They work very well.  Perhaps you could get them working in linux and try them.
/r
j

(02-07-2016, 08:41 PM)Wolf58 Wrote: I think that the right command is as follows.
(Not clear from what I can see in doco.)

hashcat -m 2500 -a 8 R.hccap somewords.txt  -s=##########

sadly if you dont have that number then your out of luck. I cant see it found anywhere.

I have seen other programs that periodically save out the results to a file. Maybe a good safety is the periodically, eg once a day manually stop the program so that it writes the file or at least physically write it down so that you cand restart it at least from that day ??

Again its not clear.

Linux is prety easy if you have some understanding of it. Download The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) linux and install it. This will get you started.
[quote='Jiminy' pid='28357' dateline='1454871074']
Both cudahashcat and oclhashcat have the restore feature.  They work very well.  Perhaps you could get them working in linux and try them.
/r
j

I believe it is suppose to work in regular hashcat, but I have tried cudahashcat , but sadly it seems after several tries of using several cards I have yet to get it cuda itself working. It seems I need to buy a card that is 100's of dollars. The last one I bought was about 150 but it would not work so I had to return it.
Regards