Support for Nvidia GeForce 9300M GS
Hi, i only have macbook air I7 2014, but it have bad GPU (Intel Graphics 5000) and Old PC with GeForce 9300M GS. But it is not supported by olcHashcat, also tried old versions like 1.35 and 1.20, changed time and date of PC, but no luck.. It say that "Shader Model 1.0 - 1.3 Based GPU Detected".. What version you recomend use?
Right now i only can run Hashcat on macbook (VMware The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) linux), its using CPU and is very slow (1600 WPA2 passwords/second).. I think that even old video card would be able to decode WPA2 Passsword fastest way that CPU running over VMWARE on MAC.. Buy new Graphic card, isnt option to me as this old PC is ALL in One..
Thank you guys !
Nvidia no longer supports your GPU, that's what the error message is trying to tell you. You can't change the version of your shader model, that version is simply describing the physical capabilities of your hardware. Only choice is to upgrade the hardware.

Also you don't need to run hashcat in a vm on OSX, we have native support for OSX...
when i run native on mac, it do 1.3k pass / second, on VR i get 1.55k.. Even using old version of NVIDIA driver, or some software / driver that fake version to makeit run ? Any solution ? Even with old video card, i think that it could decode pass fastest than CPU..
Doesn't make any sense that it would be faster under vmware, what version are you using?

No, your 9300M likely isn't faster than your CPU.
I am using CPU Hashcat 2.00 on mac (latest version).. on Linux (VM) i use last version of The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) linux, it already came with intalled hashcat.. I also think that doenst make sense. VM is activated with all 4 cores.. But on mac i realize that it down speed too many times from 1.4 to 1.2k, then rise to 1.2k... It seems that MAC OSX is reducing speed to save energy or something like it.. Really strange.. Its running charging all time and with software sleepless (avoid hibernate after some time / screen closed), perhap system is lowering processor speed for some reason..
Also is strange that i am getting 870 passwords / second on old 2009 Core 2 Duo T5850 (mobile) 2.16Ghz (this old pc have standard HD running windows 8.1), and getting only 1.5k passwords / sec on 2014 Haswell Intel® Core™ 1.7 Ghz i7-4650U macbook air with SSD... I expected that macbook would have at least 3-4 times performance than old PC.. but it actually not have even twice..
Don't use hashcat, use latest oclHashcat beta with CPU OpenCL driver
i thinked that oclHashcat only would run with GPU.. OpenCL drive isnt for GPU ? How make it work with CPU ? It runs on any CPU ? Do you think that it will run on macbook air 2014 ? Thanks a lot ! will start research about that..