GPU high temperature. How to decrease it?
Is there a way to reduce speed of bruteforcing in order to lower gpu temp? I didn't find any of this options in cudahashcat. Thank you.
1) Get some strong fans (e.g. ULTRA KAZE DFS123812H-3000 is strong)
2) Consider watercooling (expensive though).
3) cudaHashcat offers -w 1, -w 3 etc. options but i guess this won't help much.
4) Reduce clock speed. Have a look at these:

nvidia-smi -i 0 -ac 3505,1655
nvidia-settings -a GPUPowerMizerMode=1 -a GPUFanControlState=1 -a GPUTargetFanSpeed=100
nvidia-settings -a [gpu:0]/GPUPowerMizerMode=1 -a [gpu:0]/GPUFanControlState=1 -a [gpu:0]/GPUTargetFanSpeed=100 -a [gpu:0]/GPUGraphicsClockOffset[3]=-1000
n

For me, the most effective things were ULTRA KAZE and GPUGraphicsClockOffset ... Adjusting clockspeeds allows you to adjust power drain while hashcat is running, e.g. polling your solar panels controller and adjusting GPU power usage to the available power. works excellent.
@jodler303, okay! Thanks a lot, will look through this.
which GPU are you using? reference design?
(04-28-2016, 05:58 PM)jodler303 Wrote: which GPU are you using? reference design?

I'am using Gainward GTX460, dunno about its design, I'am pretty new at this stuff. Looks like windows' Nvidia panel doesn't have any tweak options. What software u can suggest?
(04-28-2016, 05:18 PM)scarlett Wrote: Is there a way to reduce speed of bruteforcing in order to lower gpu temp? I didn't find any of this options in cudahashcat. Thank you.

If your card is over 6 month old take it apart and clean out the vents, Gpuz had my card at 70-80c and after it was cleaned it dropped to 54c.
I did pull out a lot of dust about 30% of the exit vents were blocked being a laptop it took a lot longer than Pcie cards i cleaned in the past.
Well worth a try because its free ^^