Using hashcat on my CentOS 6 machine
I tried downloading the binaries on my CentOS 6 machine and its reporting an error about not finding the correct version of GLIBC I believe that is because the glibc version on my machine is old so I tried compiling it instead. It compiled succesfully and I now have a fresh binary but its outputting this error

Code:
hashcat (v3.00) starting...

ATTENTION! Can't find OpenCL ICD loader library

You're probably missing the "ocl-icd-libopencl1" package (Debian/Ubuntu)
 sudo apt-get install ocl-icd-libopencl1

I am using centos so apt-get wont work. I already tried searching for a way to install the required library but did not find anything that works.

Can anyone please guide me on what to do next.
That error messages just means that it could not find the required "libOpenCL.so" or "libOpenCL.so.1" OpenCL library or more simply: the driver was not correctly installed.

How did you install the OpenCL driver? You need to install the driver for your GPUs/CPUs before using hashcat otherwise it won't work.
Well how do I install the OpenCL driver? From the error message it suggests to use apt-get but I am on CentOS so that wont work I tried yum install ocl-icd-libopencl1 but there is no package with that name.

Code:
[user@la hashcat]# yum install ocl-icd-libopencl1
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Setting up Install Process
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
* base: repo.lax-noc.com
* epel: mirror.prgmr.com
* extras: repo.lax-noc.com
* updates: repo.lax-noc.com
No package ocl-icd-libopencl1 available.
Error: Nothing to do
It depends on the hardware you have. AMD/NVidia GPU ? Intel CPU ?

Just install the drivers the usual way and you shouldn't get that error message anylonger.
(07-10-2016, 10:17 AM)philsmd Wrote: It depends on the hardware you have. AMD/NVidia GPU ? Intel CPU ?
Its CPU is intel E5200

Code:
[root@lax-d7 hashcat]# lspci -v -s 11:04.0
11:04.0 VGA compatible controller: XGI Technology Inc. (eXtreme Graphics Innovation) Z9s/Z9m (XG21 core) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
        Subsystem: Super Micro Computer Inc Device d880
        Flags: 66MHz, medium devsel
        BIST result: 00
        Memory at de000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=32M]
        Memory at dc300000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256K]
        I/O ports at 4000 [size=128]
        Expansion ROM at <unassigned> [disabled]
        Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 2

(07-10-2016, 10:17 AM)philsmd Wrote: Just install the drivers the usual way and you shouldn't get that error message anylonger.
The machine is my web server and with all the servers I manage I never needed to install a driver manually so I do not really know where to get and how to install the driver.

Anyways thank you very much for responding on my queries I just really do not know how to fix this.
You need to install both, the OpenCL ICD and the Intel OpenCL SDK. The OpenCL ICD is an OSS project maintained from khronos itself, you can find it on github, and so there should be a package for it. The Intel OpenCL SDK is closed source and you need to download it from the Intel site. If both packages exist for your distribution is unknown. If you want to save yourself alot of headache switch to a debian based linux.
(07-11-2016, 11:10 AM)atom Wrote: You need to install both, the OpenCL ICD and the Intel OpenCL SDK. The OpenCL ICD is an OSS project maintained from khronos itself, you can find it on github, and so there should be a package for it. The Intel OpenCL SDK is closed source and you need to download it from the Intel site. If both packages exist for your distribution is unknown. If you want to save yourself alot of headache switch to a debian based linux.

Thanks, From what I managed to search I think its not available Sad