hybrid attack much slower in newer version of hashcat??
Hi all, why is the hybrid attack much slower than straight or brute force attacks on newer versions of hashcat?? i mean on versions <0.08 all these gave comparable speeds but on newer versions the speed difference is of the order of thousands!! for eg, on WPA hash cracking my R7 260x give about 66000 hashes per minute on bruteforcing or straight dictionary  attacking a single hash but gives only 95 hpm on hybrid mask+dict or vice versa, similar result is also seen on other hash types. i know the dictionary has to be large to create more work for the gpu and increasing the dict size does increase the speed to some extent but whats the point in using a very large dictionary when i know that a 10-100 word dictionary with some masks will give me much faster results, and these used to work on older versions(older versions do not work on my new card r7 260x, my earlier card was a hd5670, cpu is amd athlon II X4 @ 2.6 GHz)
You just need to write the attack a bit different, like this:

./hashcat --stdout -a 6 small_wordlist.txt ?a?a | ./hashcat -m2500 bla.hccapx -w 3 --status --status-timer 10
It works !! Thank you very much. things have changed a bit it seems.