SimpleHash class support?
I've come across a few instances where developers include and invoke the below SimpleHash class into a project, using this as a one way encryption for passphrases.

The original MD5 (or respective SHA) algorithm used gets pretty mangled when the salt is re-added, making isolating the original MD5 impossible.

Any chance for some kind of support, or any ideas from the community on how to test hashes computed using this class?

Link: SimpleHash C# class

Thanks in advance everybody!
if there is more interesst in this i will think about it. any popular project known using this hash?
(11-02-2011, 11:20 PM)atom Wrote: if there is more interesst in this i will think about it. any popular projects known which is using this hash?

I didn't know of any projects off hand, apart from our own proprietary system, so I googled for bits and pieces of the source code. As it turns out, this particular method dates back 10+ years, with examples for vb6 and all current .NET languages. It might be hard to identify from closed-source projects, but it's certainly been used by many windows developers.

It seems some DNN developers have used this method as well for securing their own databases.

I retract my request!.. I was able to extract and convert the data I needed for an effective hashcat file Smile