Which Hash-Method was used here?
Hello everyone!
Im a complete newbie in hashcat and dont know very much about this amazing tool yet. I have the hashed Password of a local Joomla-user on my computer, but i dont know which exact encryption-method was used there:
Code:
REDACTED

According to the Joomla-Forum, the Hash was encrypted in MD5 in this way: md5($password.$salt) But when i try to brute-force this string with the Hash-Mode "-m 500" (the example for this mode looked the most similiar to the hash i wrote above), hashcat just throws the exception "no hashes loaded" and "Signature unmatched".

Does anyone have an idea how i manage to brute-force this hash or what im doing wrong?
The first thing you're doing wrong is failing to read the forum rules, where posting hashes is strictly prohibited. Take a week off to read the rules.

Second thing you're doing wrong is failing to search for the answer yourself. The hash you posted has a signature, and that signature is extremely well-known. It's something you could have very easily Googled or searched for the example hashes page on our Wiki. Not something you should have needed to ask us for at all.