Problems with Fans ?
Quote:Drivers temperature threshold hit on GPU #1, expect performance to drop...
(...)
Speed.Dev.#1.....:  7031.0 MH/s (94.79ms)

HWMon.Dev.#1.....: Temp: 82c Fan: 33% Util: 99% Core:1769Mhz Mem:4513Mhz Lanes:16 *Throttled*

Drivers temperature threshold hit on GPU #1, expect performance to drop...

Why "Fan: 33%" while high temperature ? Could it be higher to cool better the GPU ?
Should I be worried for my hardware ?

Thanks.

hashcat v3.20, NTLM dic+rules attack, MSI GTX1080
Others (including atom) may have a different opinion on this, but I've never let hashcat nor the GPU firmware control the fan speeds for me, I always force them to 100% on boot and leave them there permanently.

82C probably won't damage your hardware anytime in the near future, but it is high enough to start to be alarmed. And it is also high enough to throttle the GPU, which of course hurts performance.

So my advice would be to manually set your fans to 100% before starting hashcat.
You can use --gpu-temp-retain 1 to tell hashcat to set the fans to 100% for you, so you don't need any external tools
Ok for --gpu-temp-retain, I'll try ! I prefer to let hashcat do it Wink
I put --gpu-temp-retain=75 :

Quote:Drivers temperature threshold hit on GPU #1, expect performance to drop...
HWMon.Dev.#1.....: Temp: 82c Fan: 33% Util:100% Core:1911Mhz Mem:4513Mhz Lanes:16

The fans are still at 33% and don't rise up Sad
Using hashcat-3.20+80
Give it some time, there's a little AI inside hashcat which controls the fanspeed. As all AI, it takes some time to get working (few minutes). It should be able to find a fan speed percentage which fixes the gpu temperature to your retain temperature (if that's possible at all).
Exact, after waiting ~20 minutes I see the fans speeding up. Thanks.