GPU speed sudden reduction
Hey all;
I've recently deployed a proper installation of oclhc using the latest ATI driver(regarding to my hardware) as well as STREAM SDK; which means I'm able to utilize my ATI Radeon 4670 hardware for recovering hashes.
The actual problem is, the first time I used the oclhc - right after the installation - the GPU speed was at around 247M/s(don' remember exactly), but after a system reboot, when I used the oclhc, the GPU speed has been drastically dropped to 19M/s.
could anyone help me with this problem? Is there any relation to the hyper-threading feature of my CPU? oh, by the way I'm using core i7 950.
please read this: http://hashcat.net/wiki/oclhashcat_catalyst_forceware

in short: install cat 11.4 + sdk 2.4 and try again
(10-31-2011, 09:02 PM)atom Wrote: please read this: http://hashcat.net/wiki/oclhashcat_catalyst_forceware

in short: install cat 11.4 + sdk 2.4 and try again
Thanks for the reply.
Is there any tutorial showing that how to clean UNINSTALL the previous versions of Catalyst and SDK?
With superuser permissions, enter the command: aticonfig --uninstall

for sdk you just need to delete the directories.
(11-01-2011, 06:13 AM)forumhero Wrote: With superuser permissions, enter the command: aticonfig --uninstall

for sdk you just need to delete the directories.
Thanks.
But drivers seems to be kinda stuck in the system, I've removed my previous installed drivers version- 11.9 - and then installed the 11.4 version over 3 times; each time I checked if the process went well, the Catalyst information shows that I still got the 11.9 version!!! which was not what I looked for...
I think It would be call as a mess up! right?
yeah, installation catalyst and SDK on linux is crazy. check if your distribution itself adds a catalyst package. maybe its enought just to remove it and then the cat 11.4 is used by the system. sometimes you also need to rebuild some init-ramdisk with "update-initramfs -u" but this is very specific to your distribution.